Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Layaway at Sears - The Better Option!

You know how I feel about layaway programs, especially at this time of year. It’s better than credit. It’s better than waiting until you have all the money. You get “pick of the litter” shopping without the stressful after-the-holidays bills.

I did NOT know about Sears Layaway! How cool is this? Quality selection for everything from intimate apparel to Craftsman tools!

Layaway is simple. You come in and choose your items, put down a deposit and after you finish the payments, you take it home. Then, you’re done! You have the items you chose when all the stock was new and when they are wrapped and ready to give, you have no more worries, no more bills, just the joy of giving left!

I found the Nesco Professional Food & Jerky Dehydrator at the website. It has 5 Trays, dehydrates in hours, not days, and it comes with jerky spices! I think my Dad would enjoy this! The old dehydrator I used for apple chips took days to do 5 levels of apples and it drove him nuts when we lived together because it was a regular fall kitchen fixture! He wasn’t a fan of the apple chips either, but he loves jerky, the more different the better!

The Craftsman NEXTEC™ 12 Volt Lithium-Ion Hammerhead Auto Hammer would be pretty cool for Scotty, Mr. Fix-it who answers my distress calls all the way in Ohio! Not that he isn’t perfectly capable of swinging a hammer, but this will get the needed force behind it in those spaces where you don’t have a lot of room for a swing! This auto hammer is cordless, so it goes anywhere!

Grandma was just commenting about the zipper on her winter coat being broken and needing a new one. Classic Elements Women's Plus Mini Quilt Hooded Jacket would fill that need and in London Red, it’s not too different from the color of the coat she loves but needs to replace!

My total purchase price would be around $270 for those items, break it down into payments and maybe I could do it, but pay for it all right now? No, I don’t think so! So my choices are put it on credit and pay the extra 14.9% average APR, come back later a hope and pray the items I want are still available or put them in layaway with a down payment and pick them up when I make the final payment. No brainer! When times are rough, giving to the people you love has an even more important meaning, but giving to the high interest credit card companies is not the way to go! Give Sears Layaway a try and have a debt-free holiday!




Post?slot_id=25508&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: