Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Good Tidings for Tight Budgets!

I had almost forgotten about this! I can’t tell you how may times my Mom used it when I was a kid. She said it “saved Christmas” more than once! I’m talking about Kmart Layaway!

What a wonderful store! Kmart has always been decent quality and decent prices. Layaway is the wonderful opportunity to make purchase decisions and pay for them over the course of a few weeks without getting yourself into credit card interest insanity. It’s available any time of year, but especially for the holidays it’s wonderful. You get to make your purchases before everything is picked over, when what you really want is still in stock. Then you pick it up after it’s paid for, working with your income schedule!

David and I haven’t started holiday shopping yet, but you know, money is tight everywhere this year! I’m thinking that maybe I’ll suggest getting started at one of the four Kmarts in our area that have layaway available. I know we have four of them, because I looked it up at the Kmart Layaway site! You can enter your zip code and they’ll help you out.

Between us, we have a nephew and four nieces that we buy for at Christmas, ages 5-14. Toys for the younger ones, maybe clothes or techie gadgets for the teenagers, yep a trip to Kmart would make a big start this year. They have all those things and more!

I was browsing their site and found a digital camera there. I was kinda thinking I might look at a digital camera for one of my nieces. It’s a Kodak Easyshare M863. Tori went a little nuts with my camera when we went to Hershey this summer. She likes digital because she can take pictures of anything! Believe me, she NEEDS digital because she could never afford the film the way she takes pictures! 8.2 megapixels with a 3X zoom is just great for her teenage girl photos! And it comes with a USB cable, so she can download them right into her computer to share with her friends. It’s perfect!

Oh, and did I say it was PINK? The perfect girly color for a perfectly girly-girl!

It’s $139.99. With a charge that is MUCH less than the interest on the average credit card, an 8 week layaway plan, at 25% every other week, that’s roughly $40 a biweekly paycheck. Not bad for a really nice gift!

Check out Kmart Layaway! I know that’s a definite first stop for me this holiday season!

Click Here

Post?slot_id=24869&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: