Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Have You Checked Out Book Swim?

Have you been curious?

Have you clicked on Book Swim? That icon is in my right column, the community bulletin board here at the coffee shop. You can find out more about them with a no-obligation click! I was talking to one of the regulars about Book Swim. He is also a regular at the library with his little princess, so he was skeptical about Book Swim. In wondering if it was really something he could use, we talked about the pros and cons. I don’t think books coming in the mail to my house or theirs would have replaced the library trips my nieces and I made when they were little. Walking in to the library with walls of books and a wonderfully decorated children’s area and having that be a treat, probably has a lot to do with why at 14, there is still a book next to the Game Boy in their tote bags! Making reading a treat is so important, especially in this electronic world. Heck, combining the two realities, Rina enjoys writing and reading stories on line. I think that’s awesome!

But then, the library, a good one, was three miles away from my home in Northville and there were two huge book stores in that same distance. I brought up my best friend, Kelly. Raised in Metro Detroit, where even the smallest suburbs have good libraries and abundant book stores with coffee shops, Kelly is in a small town in Missouri now. The library is kinda small and it’s a half hour drive to the nearest book seller/coffee shop. The local selection of kids books for story time with her grandkids isn’t even that big. There’s a case where a full catalog of books delivered to your door is a great idea. ANY post office can facilitate it, no matter how small or rural the town!

I also brought up that when I first became and Ohiogander, I was still working in Michigan. It was a 2-hour commute one-way. I left in the morning before either the library or any of the book stores were open and got home just a couple hours before they closed. I still had to have dinner and really, at that time the last thing I wanted to do was get back in the car for ANYTHING! But I still loved reading and enjoyed a little reading time before bed to relax. Book Swim is great if you have a long commute or are just on the go.

Of course, if you just like the convenience of a Netflix style book system, Book Swim is for you too! The Book Swim plans start under $20 and you can cancel at any time. In fact, right now you can get the $19.98 monthly membership for half off the first month! That’s the first month for $9.95 for their popular 3 books at a time plan. That can be a book for you and a couple for the kids to enjoy some family reading time or just 3 books for your own insatiable reading habit! It’s styled just like Netflix in that when you finish a book, send it back and they’ll send a new one from your list. The great thing about the 3 book plan is you can return one or two while reading the third. They’ll send two more. You can be never without a book and always with a new one on the way! And Book Swim pays all the shipping!

If anyone does try Book Swim, I’d love to hear what you think of it! Like I say at the top of the blog, I choose sponsors that are ideas I think are good! I’d love to hear what you think!




Support My Sponsor Code Of Ethics

No comments: