Do you think actors should use their acceptance speeches as an opportunity to promote their political and/or social agenda? Does that sort of speech make you more or less inclined to change the channel?
This is an easy quickie answer to all three parts of the question: Nope, none of them, don’t care. Although for the last one I suppose if I did watch some political stuff would keep my interest since I’m not familiar with any of the movies. ;)
2. Speaking of the movies... are you comfortable going to a movie alone? How about dinner in a restaurant (not fast food, but an actual restaurant)? The second half of this question was posed by Carrie who blogs over at It's Not Easy Being Queen. Thanks Carrie!
I’m fine going to the movies, a restaurant or a baseball game alone and have done the latter two on more than one occasion. The movies no, but I don’t go to the movies much anyway. I’m fine being alone; I really do like my own company. And I also make acquaintances pretty easy if I feel like talking to someone too. I consider it a treat when I take an occasional day to go out to lunch on my own.
3. What's the last home repair or home improvement project you had to pay someone to complete? In hindsight was this a project you could have done yourself?
The last big project we had someone in to do was updating the electric outlets several places to three-prong outlets after we got the new TV. Even in my more mobile days I only did basic electric wiring, so no, it’s not something we could have done.
4. Have you ever had Indian food? Like it or no? If you're a fan, what's your favorite dish? Have you ever prepared this yourself at home? Is there an Indian restaurant in your current hometown?
I tried Indian many years ago and didn’t care for it. Mom and I tried the Indian place near where I used to live. I found it too spicy-hot and too salty for my taste. The Naan was good, but I’m not a huge bread person either.
5. A song that reminds you of your parents?
Cecelia by Simon and Garfunkel; it was the song that always played when we crossed the Mackinac Bridge when we went camping. We always sang the chorus together but as an adult I was shocked that given the verses that was our family fun song when we were kids! I didn’t turn out too warped though.
6. The 26th of February is National Tell A Fairy Tale Day. What's your favorite, or one of your favorite, fairy tales? Do you have any childhood memories associated with a particular fairy tale?
Hmm, I guess Cinderella? I don’t have any particular fairytale memories from my childhood, but later in the day, or sometimes early in the morning, now I’ll ask David to “Cindy me” when I need help getting my shoes on.
7. What's a problem you solved yesterday?
Technically I guess I came up with the solution Sunday, acted on that solution Monday but it was yesterday that the solution was finalized and authorized. My doctor is sending the prescription update to increase my pain meds as I’d asked. That means I’ll take one at noon and one at bedtime and if will quell my daytime pain. YAY!
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I regained my hope for the near future and shook out of my winter doldrums when I saw this photo on the Tigers’ Instagram feed yesterday:
There WILL be spring like usual. The Boys of Summer are getting ready to bring sun and warmth with them and come home!