Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, April 20, 2009

Nani, No Ka Oi

Picture_2
Ka'anapali Resort, Lahaina, Maui, Hawaii

Palm trees. I need palm trees!

Okay, that’s not so much a need, but I just love palm trees! Back when we were just in love and dreaming, David and I pondered the thought of Hawaii as half of our two-week honeymoon. I’d have palm trees and pineapple and tropical flowers and beaches and signs everywhere that say “Nani” without Photoshop! Well, now the Hawaii idea is a future anniversary trip, but it’s still in the plan!

Ka’anapali Resort is a Maui Resort that is just made for that classic romance thing! They have fabulous packages for weddings, receptions and even a honeymoon package, the Island Romance Vacation Package that includes an ocean view room, daily breakfast buffet, a rental car, a prepared picnic and even a massage or facial!

Best of all for us! In all of Hawaii there is ONE train, a tourist train that we decided we’d have to photograph, because it wouldn’t be us at all not to. It’s in Lahaina! The Lahaina-Kaanapali and Pacific Railroad operates the Sugar Cane Train, a six mile section of track that crosses a wooden trestle that gives great views of the mountains on Maui and the other islands. And bonus, anyway to me, it’s a steam train!

And then there is the call for an extra memory card! We have so many photos of David in front of things with his name. Okay and sure, it’s my name now too, but I want my picture with a sign that is all mine and not a married mine, but ME! We’d have to use that rental car to go to see Nani Street in Wailuku and we’d absolutely have to have a meal while we’re in Wailuku at the Nani Girl Restaurant!

When we drive back to the hotel, Ka’anapali Resort offers some neat traditional Hawaiian things to add the classic memorable touch to the trip. There’s lei making, a nightly hula and torch lighting show and even ukulele lessons!

And the alarm clock rings on this dreaming Nani Girl and the palm trees fade into the distance, for now. But if the call of paradise is ringing in your dreams too, a Maui Weddings package, or the Romance Vacation Package for a idyllic honeymoon is definitely something to look into further!


Post?slot_id=36329&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

No comments: