Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge






1. What is something you are loving right now?

Bookcases. In my White Tornado project, shelving units are key to progress and I’m dreaming of bookcases and organization. Anything that organizes makes my pupils big.


2. Paris, Venice, New York, and Rome are considered four of the most romantic cities in the world. Which one would you most like to visit?

This one’s easy. I’ve been to all of them except Paris, so it’s Paris.

I don’t get how Rome and Venice are romantic. They are pretty, but dirty. New York I went to for the first time at Christmas with the boyfriend I married. Yes, that was very romantic.


3. Are you a romantic?

I am, but not a textbook romantic. I like some common romance things, like roses, chocolates or a candlelight dinner, but there are some uncommon things that romance me that, well, David got the job because he does them.


4. What's your favorite love story made for the Big Screen?

I’m not much of a movie watcher and I don’t watch a lot of love stories. Bull Durham?



5. Everyone loves Pooh bear and friends...which character are you most like and why? Click here for help in answering this question.

I love Eeyore! In fact right now I’m wearing my Eeyore fleece. Eeyore is about as UNlike my own personality as it gets. Opposites attract.



6. What's the best chocolate something you've ever eaten?


We had a dessert at Montana Jacks in Moline, IL, that was absolute chocolate ecstasy! It was a chocolate crumb crust with a layer of fudge on top, then a layer of chocolate mousse and whipped cream on top with a candied nut and cocoa power top sitting on top of a pool of chocolate fudge sauce.

K, if I leave now, I can be in Moline by afternoon snack time.


7. Share a favorite quote about love.

Love is like coffee;
Sometimes it’s good, sometimes bad,
Sometimes sweet, sometimes bitter,
Sometimes it’s all glitzed up and sometimes it’s plain.
Sometimes you go out to find it and sometimes it’s right at home,
Whatever way you get it, there’s no point in waking up without it.

                                                                                                  -Nani                                     

(But if he turns into Folgers, I call my lawyer.)


8. Insert your own random thought here.

My love-coffee quote wasn’t random enough, huh?

I had a weird dream the night before last. I believe that dreams are the subconscious processing the record of what you did and what you thought about during the day. Bad dreams are the subconscious processing things that worry you.

In this dream, I was meeting David “downtown” for a baseball game. I drove up to the lot right next to the field. I got a phone call from David asking where I was because I was going to be late. I told him I was in the lot across the street. He said he thought we were parking in the lot by the ballpark. I told him that the lot across the street IS the lot next to the ballpark. I was at Fifth-Third Field in Toledo. David was at Comerica Park in Detroit. He’d bought Tigers tickets, not Mud Hens tickets.

Am I worried about our communication in the back of my mind?? Maybe it’s just winter anxiety.

9 comments:

Marti said...

Well at least you both were going to the same sport. I have strange dreams sometimes. I couldn't even begin to analyze them, but they are sometimes the basis for a story or two. Well, I will read a few more blogs while I finish my coffee. Have a good day.

Empty Nester said...

Most of my dreams are so far 'out there' that I hesitate to even think about what they mean. LOL

Enjoyed your answers! I'm a new follower and am looking forward to exploring your blog!

Mama Hen said...

Dreams are funny things, indeed. I think I'd probably end up in a psych ward if all of mine were made known!
Like your love-is-like-coffee quote.
Oh, yes, and organizational supplies rock!

Unknown said...

Hey, thanks for stopping by! Loved your coffee/love analogy (with the Folgers addendum at the end... AMEN!) And the chocolate sounds amazing. Now I"m craving chocolate!

Joyce said...

We were in Venice in the springtime and I was surprised by how clean it was. I'd always heard it was dirty and I think in the summer months it tends to get that way.

I feel like I need a cup of coffee now : )

seamhead gypsy said...

Bull Durham was indeed a love story as well as a pretty good baseball story, but in my humble opinion For Love Of The Game was a better love story. It was also a pretty good baseball story. I'm surprised you haven't seen it Nani. Especially since Kostner's character is a pitcher for the Tigers!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I had the opportunity to spend 3 weeks in Europe last year and Paris was amazing. I hope you can go someday. That looks like a yummy dessert. Fun quote! That is some dream.

Edna B said...

Out of those four cities, I've only been to New York. It was fun, but much too busy for me. I think the favorite place abroad that I traveled to was Sweden. The people were so nice, the air was very clean, and everywhere you went people took pride in how their city or town looked. Now I'm off to take Tootsie to her doctor appointment. You have a great day, hugs, Edna b.

Kelly said...

I love your quote! Does hubby know about this other secret love you have? I miss you and I can't wait to see you!