Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2012

Monday Mug Shot


  The Red Cabooses
Whitefish, Montana

In October 2007, David and I went on a train trip to Montana for Altamont Weekend, a railfan weekend near Columbus Day. We flew in to Washington and rented a car to drive the rest of the way to Essex, Montana and the Izaak Walton Inn. Our first morning in Montana, we just HAD to go to The Red Caboose for breakfast! The Red Caboose was a 24/7 diner on the main street of town built into a caboose! You couldn’t miss it when you drove through town!

The interior had a rustic feel and all sorts of train décor. There was even a B&O light switch plate in the ladies room. There were just railroad details everywhere! It was just a perfect breakfast stop for us! We’d decided to have breakfast there the night before, so we made a point of waking up earlier.

 Ladies room light switch

The menu offered several railroad named dishes, which made my decision rough! Usually, a themed restaurant will serve in specialty with an appropriate name and in the spirit of things, I always get that dish. When we ate on Amtrak, I had the dish named after one of the trains that was easy. But at The Red Caboose, where their breakfast specialty was hash browns or home fries loaded with breakfast tasties, there were several railroad ways to have breakfast! I chose the Switchman breakfast; spicy breakfast sausage, onions, bell peppers and mushrooms over hash browns with cheese. YUM! It still sounds like an awesome breakfast!

We stopped again on the way back through Whitefish for lunch and to buy my coffee mug and a shirt for David. It was a memorable and very good breakfast!


 Update!

Just this very month, The Red Caboose has reopened under new owners after renovation. It’s a frozen yogurt and coffee bar now! They didn’t change the landmark outside, but I think we need to go back and see what it’s like now! Um, frozen yogurt and coffee? Yes, we definitely NEED to go back and check it out!


3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sounds like you had a lot of fun! I like planning for a trip! Sometimes the excitement and the research done to find the perfect destination is half the fun! Just like researching our girls weekend in Atlanta! THAT was absolutely the bomb! I miss you! Can't wait till June!

Gloria Haynes said...

I love to travel out west. Sure wish I had not missed The Red Caboose when I was there. Sounds delightful. Maybe I will go again and have coffee and frozen yogurt, you are right is sounds yummy!


glosews

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

The mystery of the soup! Neat story...I guess I like baked potato soup the best. Nice to go out to eat with hubby. I understand the resting...