I mentioned a couple blogs ago about Tere having shared a couple of blog awards with me. I haven’t gotten any blog awards in a while. Maybe that’s because I don’t really have a place to display them. Well it looks like I figured out how to get the edge of the White Tornado to hit The Chronicles of Nani too! On the bottom of the blog I installed a trophy case. I wish obtaining and installing shelving at home was that easy!
Earlier this week Tere from Tere’s (Never Quite “Normal”) World gave me two awards! Thank you SO much, Tere!
First I’ll show off the One Lovely Blog Award!
The One Lovely Blog Award rules are:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award.
2. Pass the award on to 15 other lovely bloggers.
3. Follow the person who sent it to you.
Kreative Blogger Award Rules:
1. Link back to the one who gave you this award
2. Share 10 random facts about yourself
3. Pass the award on to 6 other people
4. Follow the person’s blog who sent you it
Here are my 10 Random Nani truths:
1. My favorite alcoholic drink is a Mai-Tai.
2. I love soup! (Just made a big pot of stuffed Pepper Soup today)
3. I’ve been using French’s Honey Mustard on things a lot lately
4. I can come up with a crazy explanation for almost anything and make it almost sound logical.
5. My first car was blue, every one since then has been red. The next one will be red too.
6. I never wanted to get married. David changed my mind, but it wasn’t easy!
7. I didn’t have a wedding and I didn’t go to the commencement ceremony for high school or college. I’m not into the pageantry, just the prize.
8. I’m behind on some things and need a serious scrap day – no cleaning, no internet!
9. I love the smell of steak and can’t stand the taste while I hate the smell of fudge cooking and LOVE the taste.
10. I have such a hard time coming up with random facts that are interesting.
Now I’m going to bend the rules a little bit. I always do that. It’s me channeling my inner teenager. Tere and I have some friends in common who may already have the awards and may have already done the random things and I have some friends who have full schedules and I’m not going to dictate how they use their blog time. But just the same, even if you have these awards already and even if you don’t have the time to list 10 random things, believe me it took me a little thinking time to be so random, I want to recognize you and link up to your fabulous blogs. So consider this a set of awards, because I’m passing them both on to my list, with no strings. If you have the time and want to list 10 random things, I’ll be there to read and comment but you don't at all have to do it.
Here are the awards recipients, 15 stellar blogs that I read every morning with my first cup of coffee:
1. Miss Edna’s Place - A great blog to visit for morning coffee or a visit any time of day! Edna is a fabulous photographer and also generously shares some great digital scrapbooking supplies!
2. Free Spirit – Su is Edna’s partner on the monthly scrap kits, they do great work together! Su recently revamped her entire blog, beautifully, and it’s easier than ever to read up and follow what’s going on in her world!
3. A Vintage Green - Joy does some fabulous work arranging her décor and an incredible job creating vignettes to show it off. You’ll see fine things in great arrangements at her blog.
4. The Coloradolady - I first started reading Suzanne’s blog as a fan of Vintage Thingie Thursday which she hosts. I also got involved in the Secret Santa Soiree which she took over last year. I truly enjoyed that and will definitely sign up again this year! Now she started Tell Me Tuesday, which is a fun meme and one that really gets you thinking. I love it!
5. Linda’s Bee Hive - Linda was my “Secret Santee” last year and I loved getting to know her through her blog! She does fabulous quilting and wonderful handmade gifts for her family and friends. Right now, I’m getting lots of tips on organization following her while she’s working on her craft room!
6. Marti’s Musings - I know Marti already has these awards, but I have to tip MY hat to her too. I thoroughly enjoy reading her personal history stories and her sense of humor and creative & snarky way of expressing many things is just too awesome not to read every day!
7. This and That - I enjoy reading about Flora’s travels and sights! She also does some great cooking and crafts. Most recently check out the peanuts!
8. My Texas Cats - Kaline asked me to make sure I included this one. No, Kaline insisted I do. She has been following Millie and Sam for a few weeks and says she has so much in common with them including that they call it by different names but enjoy chewing the same plant!
9. Here in Texas - Carla is Millie and Sam’s human Mom. She and I both talk about our furbabies and our flowers. Of course, she’s in Texas, so she talks about flowers longer than I do!
10. Empty Nest - Empty Nester is a Mom of four adult daughters who is exploring the nuances and possibilities of the nest she and her Hubby share. Her blog among other things is an awesome source for tasty gluten-free recipes!
11. Life According To Amanda - Amanda is a transplanted Ohioan grad school student in Mississippi. She does great posts about faith and the confusion, okay confusing for me, of a post about healthy snacks followed by a recipe for Nutella Caramel Corn. YUM big time to both – see where my confusion is?
12. Glo Sews - Glo has fabulous tips on sewing and some awesome non-sew crafts as well! Her posts often make me want to start sewing again!
13. Auntie M. Designs - Auntie M. Designs started, as most scrapbook designers do, with full free kits. Her kits are great and the topics are things that you really do scrapbook, things that happen for real, like babies and farmers markets and I have some fantastic frames in laptops and phone she did. She has a store now, but she still has freebies on her blog that complement her kits!
14. Just Breathe - Debby posts some great recipes and food ideas, realistically combining satisfying tastes with healthy diet-consciousness. She also has a sister-blog to Just Breathe that highlights ornaments on her bountiful Christmas tree! That’s given me some scrapbooking ideas for the ornaments on our tree!
15. Coffee Cup Crafts and Christianity - Kelly is my best friend and like a sister to me! I’m proud to say that I helped her get her blog started right here in this very dining room. (I use the laptop, so you’ll just have to trust that I’m in the dining room) She combines messages about her faith with posts about crafting, decorating and her stories about her world as a Mom and Grandma! It’s a “work in progress” but it’s progressing well!