Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Saturday, February 25, 2012

Five Question Yesterday

I read Five Question Friday, hosted by Mama M at My Little Life, on several blogs yesterday and the questions this week are very cool! Since the Linky stays up for the weekend, I thought I’d give it a whirl. This could be a meme I start adding on Saturdays when I’m home. We’ll see!





1. What's your favorite way to spend down time (alone or with a significant other)?

Down time? hehe… Okay, since I do need break time when I’m physically working on something, we’ll call break-time, or break days sometimes, my down-time.

Alone time, I read or scrapbook. I don’t think of meditation and reflection as down time because that’s something I make a point of having time for.

With significant others, like my husband, nieces and friends, it’d be a movie with David or coffee/dessert. David and I have plenty of talk-time and we do talk about things that aren’t household/relationship things. With Rina and Tori and with my close friends, male and female, coffee is all about communication, keeping our relationships strong by keeping our souls bared to each other. And yes, that’s something that is scheduled from time to time too, but it’s scheduled to make sure there’s a break from “priorities.”


2. Are you the kind of person that wants things more as soon as you know you can't have it? 

 I don’t think so. There are things that I really want that I never was able to have, yet. I call those dreams or goals. But if you mean did I “wanted him as soon as he was engaged,” or something like that, no. There’s never been anything I didn’t get or take that I’ve regretted for more than a day.


3. If you were given $1000 to spend on yourself, what would you buy?

Everything on my IKEA and Amazon wish lists to move the White Tornado up about 2 months!


4. Do you ever go out to eat by yourself?

When I travel alone it’s stop at a restaurant or eat fast food behind the wheel and get no break from the road. Besides, I like having some me time where I have no distractions and can enjoy a meal, read and relax with nothing to clean up afterwards! When I went to physical therapy sessions, Cracker Barrel was right across the parking lot and I stopped for lunch after therapy once a week as a treat to myself.

I may not as much now because eating out entails using the wheelchair and I need help with that. I can take the chair out of my backseat, but after wheeling myself in, having lunch and wheeling back out, I need help to put it back in. But I suppose in the summer as long as the weather is decent, I might stop at Cracker Barrel in the afternoon, when it’s not so busy, with the walker. Putting the walker back in the car is easier. We’ll see.


5. What company would you want to do a blog review for?

Assuming there is free product for doing the review, I think IKEA. If I don’t get that $1000, I wouldn’t mind that chunk of my planned spending taken care of for me!

2 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I just love IKEA and Amazon. I always have a cart full of things on Amazon. I just may be one of those people who want something when it's no longer available! I will go and eat by myself. Hope you have a nice weekend.

Edna B said...

Very interesting! Nowadays, I have a lot of downtime, so I spend a lot of it on my laptop, reading, or watching TV with Tootsie. If I really want something bad enough, I'll find a way to get it. If not, oh well. If I was given $1000 to spend on my self, I would probably give it to my kids. I have most everything I want or need. As for eating out by myself, I don't do restaurants any more. Just fast food when I'm out doing things. Traveling and eating out are just not as enjoyable when one is alone. Now I must get busy. You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.