Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, February 20, 2012

Blog Carry-Out Meals, Not So Filling

So I took a break because I was hungry, but you know how I am with breaks, I have to sometimes take a break from my break. That is once I tackle the stairs and get to the kitchen, I have to sit for a few before I actually make lunch. No problem there, that’s why my computer is set up on the table right by the entry to the kitchen. I can read a couple blogs and then move on to the kitchen when my legs are ready.

Well, I sat down and read Glo’s blog where she mentions Cream of Potato Soup. Then on Suzanne’s blog there is a recipe for drop biscuits (with photo!). Tummy was complaining that it was feeling what Eyes were looking at. Finally, I stopped at Joy’s blog where there was a vignette that had the most beautiful chocolate chip cookie in it! I’m telling you, Brain was full! Tummy, notsomuch.

I did read and download the last parts of this month’s scrapbook kit from Su’s blog and Edna’s blog. Edna was talking about her trials with Murphy. He and his laws are not among my favorites either. Edna, I hope your day’s gotten much better, because I think I picked up a cyber-hitchhiker at your place!


Yesterday afternoon, I took out a bowl of stuffed pepper soup from the freezer and put it on the counter to thaw for a few hours so it would finish thawing in the fridge overnight. If I just put it in the fridge without partial thawing it, it takes 2 days to thaw. So after my tummy finally convinced my brain it didn’t get all the stuff I looked at, I went in to get the soup out of the fridge to heat it up. But… There was no soup in the fridge!

I turned around and looked on the counter in horror. Did I forget to put it in the fridge? If it spent all night and half of today on the counter, surely it was spoiled. But there was no soup on the counter. Then I opened the freezer door.

David and I have an agreement about making each other stop and listen when it’s important. I talk a lot, so does he; I think it’s for room noise because if the TV is on, it’s often muted. No one takes any offense if the other isn’t listening unless the “this is important” is spoken. I never thought the “this is important” was necessary for a “while you’re going downstairs” request!

I asked, “While you’re going downstairs, can you take the 2 stuffed pepper soups out of the freezer in the kitchen and trade them for a minestrone from the deep freeze?”

He said, “Sure.”

Never trust that you were heard when the response is a one-worder.

When I opened up the freezer, all three stuffed pepper soups, including the one I’d put out to thaw, were in it. It seems all he actually got was “Put stuffed pepper soup in freezer.”

::sigh::

So now, the stuffed pepper soup is on the counter to partial thaw and be lunch tomorrow. I had Parmesan oatmeal (recipe idea from the web, very tasty) with some crunchy romaine and carrots as sides. It was good, Tummy was sated, but Taste buds had something different in mind!

I’m enjoying a cup of afternoon coffee, regular coffee with a tablespoon of brown sugar and freshly ground cinnamon. M-Mmm! (Completely within my 2-points for a drink limit)


I noticed last week, reading friends’ blogs, that the torch of Meet Me on Monday had been picked up again, YAY! Thank you to Acting Balanced for starting it back up!

Acting Balanced

This week's questions:
1. What is your favorite kind of soup?
2. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?
3. What is your least favorite TV program?
4. If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it?
5. What 3 places that are on your bucket list to visit?




1. What is your favorite kind of soup?

Just one? I love soup, I mean I really LOVE soup!

Both Noni and Mom could make stellar soup from scratch or leftovers, out of anything! I have that influence from both sides of my family and I’m so happy that I inherited that double whammy talent! I make no apologies for my pride in my own soups. The freezer currently holds 2-serving bowls of minestrone and stuffed pepper soup. I just finished my last bowl of fall harvest veggie soup a couple weeks ago. The next soup is going to be a milled roasted vegetable soup…unless some new inspiration strikes my fancy!

Restaurant soups, I love the Stuffed Pepper soup at Eat’n Park and Cheesy Tomato at Cracker Barrel.

Canned soups, NEVER Progrosso! I always doctor the canned soups up a little, but I don’t change the Campbell’s Harvest Orange Tomato! (I just always have it on hand for a quick meal!)


2. What was the last movie you saw in a theater?

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2.


3. What is your least favorite TV program?

I don’t watch a ton of TV, so I really only tune in when a program I like is on, it’s usually off otherwise. I will give that I’ve seen, because others like it, and HATE with an untold passion America’s Funniest Home Videos. I see nothing funny about people falling, failing or doing stupid things in front of or with kids.


4. If you were to write a book about yourself, what would you name it?

Um, The Chronicles of Nani. :)


5. What 3 places that is on your bucket list to visit?

I don’t do the Bucket List thing. I refuse to assign myself an expiration date! So, I’ll say that San Antonio, Texas and Hawaii, all of it. As for #3, the very first thing I’d put on my “bucket list” is immortality, so I have some time to think about it.

Links:

1 comment:

Joy@aVintageGreen said...

Disappointing your taste buds when they thought they were getting a very nice treat isn't fun. Lucky you had a back-up plan. Tonight DH made curry from yesterday's leftovers. Mmm. I love his curries, always a bit different. Thanks for mentioning my blog in your post today. A sweet surprise.
Joy