Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge


Another fun week of various questions from Joyce a From This Side of the Pond.

1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?

Before I got married I always did my own and I did my business taxes, including the PITA sales tax documents. It was a small business, so we’re not talking IRS science. Now, David does them, last year with Turbo Tax and he’s thinking of going that way again this year.


2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....

Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain? 

No question, love. Pain has not changed me. Emotional pain has always been dealt with the same way. My first thought when it’s shared pain is to make sure everyone else is okay. Even when my Mom only had a few hours and I was going to get Grandma, a couple hours’ drive, the way I drove that night it was just a couple hours, my first thought was to try to get Grandma there to say goodbye to her only daughter. Fortunately, Scotty knows me well and went with me so I wasn’t alone. In times of pain, I go into crisis mode and get done what needs done. Then I fall apart after. That’s never changed. Physical pain just makes me more stubborn, but not different.

Love, has changed me. When my nieces were born, My Type-A personality became unfulfilling where I’d thrived on it before. When I met David, I surrendered a little of the control I’d always taken. Love has made me a calmer and less stressed person.


3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.

There’s a color of the year, really? I have a few orange jewelry things, have had them I guess since the last time an orange was color of the year? I have some things that are Detroit Tigers orange. I might get something in tangerine orange if it strikes my fancy, but I won’t go out of my way to look for the current fad color.

I’ll still buy lots of green! :)


4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?

I collect coffee cups. They get featured on my blog on Mondays when I do the Monday Mug Shot and tell the story of the mug.



5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?

Oatmeal. I have breakfast and lunch recipes that I do with oatmeal.



6. When was the last time you had car trouble?

This spring when we try to start the Camaro. We’ll be getting it ready sell this year.


7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?

Yes and no. I’ve really not been any more demanding than I usually am, the goals remain the same, but they are a much greater challenge to achieve.

I think it’s a good thing. Refusing to be weak, keeps me strong.



8. Insert your own random thought here.

The current Roaman's catalog came in today’s mail. I leafed through it. Who cares about the clothes? I am totally in love with this bracelet and I would so love to have the full set with the necklace and earrings too.


But I WILL figure out a way to have that bracelet on my wrist…

10 comments:

Joyce said...

Love the bracelet! So pretty! I don't think I've ever seen that catalog but will have to look for them online.

Katie2SS said...

I like the earthy colors in the bracelet.

Susan said...

That jewelry is very nice.

Edna B said...

The colors in the bracelet are fabulous! As for taxes, I wouldn't dare do them myself. The IRS would lock me up! I let an accountant do them for me. Just trying to keep all the bills and receipts, etc, in order to give them to the accountant ties my tummy in knots. When they are finally done, I breathe much more freely. I know, I'm a wimp! Yu have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Marti said...

The bracelet is wonderful. Oatmeal is also good as in oatmeal cookies.

DD said...

I love the idea of your Monday Mug Shot with the story behind each one. That's nice.

Brenda said...

I'll have to remember to come by on Monday and see your featured mug--that sounds funny doesn't it?!
That bracelet is so pretty.

Kelly said...

Oh no!! You have to get rid of Jonathan?!? I guess that's the practical thing to do, but the memories from the very first Jonathan to this one are the most important!

I love the bracelet!!! I have a recipe for something like an Oatmeal Trail mix-type snack that's very healthy and very DELICIOUS!! I'll have to send it to ya! or post it here! I love you and miss you so much! Can't wait until June, and the Fish dinner is completely OK!!!!

Monkey said...

I didn't know there was a color of the year either. Also that jewelry set looks amazing!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. I like a nice deep burnt orange like my leather car interior but for me personally I am not one to wear anything in those shades. Enjoy the rest of your week.