Another fun week of various questions from Joyce a From This Side of the Pond.
1. It's that most wonderful time of the year...tax season! Do you complete your own returns or farm that job out to the professionals?
Before I got married I always did my own and I did my business taxes, including the PITA sales tax documents. It was a small business, so we’re not talking IRS science. Now, David does them, last year with Turbo Tax and he’s thinking of going that way again this year.
2. This next question comes from Kansas Bob...he posed it in his response to something I asked in an earlier Wednesday post and I asked him if I could add it to the Hodgepodge some day. Today's the day....
Which do you think has changed you more-love or pain?
No question, love. Pain has not changed me. Emotional pain has always been dealt with the same way. My first thought when it’s shared pain is to make sure everyone else is okay. Even when my Mom only had a few hours and I was going to get Grandma, a couple hours’ drive, the way I drove that night it was just a couple hours, my first thought was to try to get Grandma there to say goodbye to her only daughter. Fortunately, Scotty knows me well and went with me so I wasn’t alone. In times of pain, I go into crisis mode and get done what needs done. Then I fall apart after. That’s never changed. Physical pain just makes me more stubborn, but not different.
Love, has changed me. When my nieces were born, My Type-A personality became unfulfilling where I’d thrived on it before. When I met David, I surrendered a little of the control I’d always taken. Love has made me a calmer and less stressed person.
3. Tangerine Tango has been named color of the year for 2012. Your thoughts? Would I find this color anywhere in your house? How about in your closet? If not, will you be adding this color to your life in some way in 2012? If you're not sure what tangerine tango looks like click here.
There’s a color of the year, really? I have a few orange jewelry things, have had them I guess since the last time an orange was color of the year? I have some things that are Detroit Tigers orange. I might get something in tangerine orange if it strikes my fancy, but I won’t go out of my way to look for the current fad color.
I’ll still buy lots of green! :)
4. Are you a collector? What do you collect and does it get admired, used, and/or dusted regularly?
I collect coffee cups. They get featured on my blog on Mondays when I do the Monday Mug Shot and tell the story of the mug.
5. February is National Heart Month...besides a green salad what is one tasty heart healthy dish you like to prepare?
Oatmeal. I have breakfast and lunch recipes that I do with oatmeal.
6. When was the last time you had car trouble?
This spring when we try to start the Camaro. We’ll be getting it ready sell this year.
7. Have you been more demanding on yourself lately or less? Is that a good trend?
Yes and no. I’ve really not been any more demanding than I usually am, the goals remain the same, but they are a much greater challenge to achieve.
I think it’s a good thing. Refusing to be weak, keeps me strong.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
The current Roaman's catalog came in today’s mail. I leafed through it. Who cares about the clothes? I am totally in love with this bracelet and I would so love to have the full set with the necklace and earrings too.
But I WILL figure out a way to have that bracelet on my wrist…