Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, February 16, 2012

A Cute Find From Grandma's

Grandma had a stereo that played LPs, cassettes and 8-tracks.  No, I didn't take that home with me.  I did take a Reader's Digest series on cassettes, Sentimental Journey, and a set of individual big band stars on cassette.  I still have cassette in the car.  I also have a record players that older than Grandma's stereo was.  I'll show that on another Thursday.  But Grandma didn't have an extensive record collection and her big band stuff was on cassettes or LPs that had long been overplayed and discarded because the songs UI know she and Papa enjoy4ed in their courting and early marri3ed days I only found on cassette.

There were a couople of records thqt I took hojme.  One was a lt3er made Frank Sinatra compilation and the other one, which I just thought was fun was this:



The Grasshoppers and introducing the Chipmunk Song!  Obviously a kids record  I did some reseach and searching. This record on the Spin-O-Rama label was released in 1959.  It is in really good shape and the markings in the empty areas of the vinyl tell that this is an original release. 


Since neither Grandma nor Papa collected old records, my guess is that it was bought in or around 1959.  My Mom, an only child, was 14.  It leaves me confused!  But, when I was 14, I read Diamond D and the Dreadful Dragon for a Forensics competition in school, so it might have been something Mom had for school.  I don't know.

Unfortunately, this is one I'm sure I'll never know.  It's still a neat find and I'll give it a spin on my turnatable some day.

See more fun vintage things at The Coloradolady for Vintage Thingie Thursday!


7 comments:

LV said...

I go further back, I have a lot of the old vinyl records. All sizes.

Edna B said...

Wow, I had a lot of catching up to do here. You've certainly been busy! The old record is adorable. I thought I had heard all of the Chipmunk music, but I don't remember ther Grasshoppers.

I'll pass on the little chocolate cake balls. I got lots of cookies and candy and I gave some of it away. My mid section doesn't really need all these goodies.

I loved your parallel park answer. As far as I'm concerned your answer is correct! If you don't believe me, just ask me.

I also love your photos. Kaline is sooooo pretty! Your sun came out so much better than mine. I seem to get a lot of glare. As for your train photo, I loved it.

Now I'm off to get ready to turn in early. Tomorrow's a work day. You have a fabulous night my friend. Hugs, Edna B.

Marti said...

I have a few vinyls but record player. Love old vintage things.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

This brings back some memories. I remember the old vinyl records and still have a few stored away.
Thanks for stopping by and commenting. I just signed up to be a follower. Take care!

NanE said...

What a fun, old find! I enjoyed your comment on my blog too. It seems like a lot of us lost our Barbie dolls, so sad! Have a great weekend, Nan

Bev said...

Cool find!!

Ann said...

Theres just something about the sound of a record on a turntable!! We have hundreds of 45's and LP's we collected in the 50s, 60s and 70's. We have a large turntable but I'd like to find a childs record player like I had in 1957. WHOA that would be great.
Glad you found it.
Ann