Credits: Where’s My Coffee by Aprilisa Designs
Oh no reason…it’s just coffee and green and polka dots and...
Isn’t the scrapbook kit just wicked awesome? It's very Nani!
Okay, now on to join Joyce at From This Side of the Pond for the Wednesday Hodge Podge!
1. spring is in the air (at least in my neck of the woods) and the birds are singing...what's your favorite bird?
Anything that’s not a Cardinal.
2. Speaking of birds...do you tweet? If so tell us your screen name and we'll come flocking to your Twitter site. Even if you don't let's all pretend here that we do-in 140 characters or less, sum up your week so far.
I am @Nani_Notes
Tigers, Red Sox and Reds have all won on the same day ONCE this year. Poor cats, no extra treats for anyone.
3. It’s been reported recently that employers are not only viewing the facebook pages of potential hires but they're also requesting your facebook password to have a look at what you've kept from public view. What say you?
I don’t want to work for a company that would ask for my password to any personal account. Since I don’t want the job anyway, before I left the interview I’d ask, “I presume that upon hire it would be acceptable to give my company password to a perspective employer when I’m ready to leave, correct? Just so they can see what I've been doing on the company's intranet.”
4. it’s April and you know what that means-Major League Baseball is back in action. What's your favorite baseball movie? If that's too hard, what's your favorite sports themed movie?
Bull Durham. There are a ton of baseball movies I like and pretty much if there’s any reference to baseball in the movie, I’ll watch it. But Bull Durham is the quintessential hymnal of the great church of baseball.
5. Something else this season brings-asparagus. Yes please or no thanks? If it's yes please what's your favorite way to have it prepared?
LOVE asparagus! I enjoy it so many ways, but the go to at home is bite-size pieces sautéed in olive oil and garlic.
6. What drives you? (Don't you love how I sandwiched that one in between asparagus and jugglers???)
If you saw the beginning of the post, I’m obviously driven by a passion for coffee, charged by caffeine! LOL
7. April 18th is International Jugglers Day...can you juggle?
I used to be able to juggle scarves and was learning to juggle bean bags, but I haven’t juggled in many years.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
Remember my sponsored post, “Good Dirt,” about Miracle Grow Expand ‘n Gro? Well, I got my sample of the dirt and played with it Monday!
The sample is for a 6” pot, so I added some Miracle Gro potting mix that I already had left from when I repotted spire for my 8" pot.
So after mixing the Expand ‘n Gro with the appropriate amount of water, I mixed in 2 more inches of potting mix.
Now, remember me mentioning regrowing celery that I learned about on The Coloradolady, Suzanne’s blog? Well, here is what my celery end in water looked like after just over 2 weeks:
Monday I planted it in my Miracle Gro Potting Soil and Expand ‘n Gro mix:
And this is what it looks like not even 2 days later!
There is visible above the soil yummy celery goodness! I’m still gonna let it grow for a while before I eat it.
I didn’t have any doubt that the Expand ‘n Grow would work well, Miracle Gro is a great brand. I just wondered how good it worked. So far, VERY well!