Everycat is a Black Cat on Friday the 13th!
And now for some lunchtime meme fun!
Five Question Friday
1. Who mows your grass?
Cat TV summer star, Lawnmower Man!
Template and kit by Beckie Wallace Designs (retired)
2. Do you have a picture wall or picture gallery in your house (show us! <--- my addition to the question)?
No. We have a few pictures here and there, but no gallery per se. I want to put up a pair of pictures I have framed of both sets of my grandparents in the 40s and my parent’s wedding picture that I want to put up by the French Doors in our dining room, but not until we’ve selected similar heritage photos of David’s family.
3. What book has influenced your thinking the most? Or, what blog? (I want to read what gets people thinking!)
The Seven Habits of Highly Effective People by Stephen Covey
4. Do you have allergies? If so, how do you handle it this time of year?
I have allergies, mostly to tree pollen but compared to the way I’ve seen other suffer, mine are too mild to be too concerned. When I get really stuffy and burning eyes, I take Benadryl and I’m okay.
5. What's your go to meal to cook in a hurry?
If I’m alone, ham steak, but David’s not as insane about ham as I am. (I could eat ham in one of my meals every day!) When we’re both home for dinner shake-n-bake chicken breasts.
Follow Friday Four Fill-in Fun
This week’s statements:
1. When I am __ I always ___
2. ___ is my __ of ___
3. The ______ the ____
4. If only I _______ then ______ and everyone would be _______.
1. When I am baking I always hum or sing. Baking makes me happy.
2. Writing in my personal journal is my way of channeling negativity away.
3. The more copays I have the more I wish we had at least partial socialized medicine.
4. If only I could put trains tracks running by every ballpark. Then we could get there an hour before game time and David could photograph trains right up until the first pitch and everyone (us) would be happy and satisfied!
*** Bananas remind me of grade school. I know there has always been comforting feeling that goes with the smell of a ripe banana, but it hit me this morning where that feeling comes from. Mom used to pack bananas as our fruit with lunch in grade school and the pungent scent of a ripe banana stayed in the lunch box a few days even when lunch didn’t have a banana in it. So the smell of ripe bananas gives me the comfort of those days when Mom made our lunches for school.
*** I just finished Deadwood by Dani Amore. It’s the second of her books I’ve read and I’m really glad I read it. I wasn’t overly impressed with Killing League and Deadwood had a start that was unquestionably the same author, but where Killing League was many different killers in competition, Deadwood was many possibilities and some twists. Much better book! Death By Sarcasm will be the next of her books I read – I just like the title!
*** I’m so happy with the Tigers being on pace to go 161-1 this year! :D I’m troubled by the start of the Reds season. On paper they should be offensively really performing. And in MY script, the Cardinals are as much hype as talent this year and the Reds should be able to easily beat them. Gotta break through the psychological wall.
I'll be surfing and commenting this evening and tomorrow morning!