For many people, getting a good start on the day involves taking a cup of coffee. This much-loved beverage also helps to keep you feeling refreshed at other times of the day. If you’re a coffee lover, perhaps you don’t imagine there could be a better way to take coffee than the way you’re accustomed to. However, the variety in coffee recipes is amazing. Below are several delicious kinds of coffee you may want to try:
- Affogato – This is an Italian dessert that is made by pouring strong coffee over ice cream. A good combination for affogato is a scoop of vanilla ice cream covered with espresso. This should be served right away to prevent the ice cream from melting too much. The bittersweet flavor makes for a delightful experience.
- Cafe au Lait –If you love both milk and coffee, cafe au lait allows you to take both beverages as one drink. Cafe au lait consists of an equal amount of coffee and milk. The coffee is brewed separately and the milk steamed, before mixing them in a cup or bowl. NutritionDegreeOnline.org recommends adding milk to your coffee to boost the nutritional value of the drink, though some coffee connoisseurs will scoff at this practice.
- Espresso Con Panna – Prepare espresso in a cup and top with a small amount of whipped cream. The contrast of the strong coffee drink and mild flavor of cream makes a delightful beverage.
- Frappe – This is a simply delicious and refreshing beverage, especially on a hot day. Frappe contains a bit of everything. You prepare some espresso or instant coffee, then add milk, ice and sugar until you achieve the taste you desire.
- Irish Coffee – Place a small amount of Irish whiskey in a slightly warmed whiskey glass. Add strong black coffee and top with heavy cream. You may wish to add sugar as well.
- Melya – This is a delightful combination of coffee and cocoa. Add one teaspoon of unsweetened powdered cocoa into a cup of black coffee. Sweeten the beverage with honey instead of sugar.
SourcesThe Blue Pod Coffee Co. (2010)
Spilling The Beans Chicago (2012)