Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, May 8, 2009

Saving Without Eloping

Okay, remembering that my true dream wedding when I was a teenager WAS an elopement, I realize that’s not so for everyone. When David and I were talking about a wedding and the expenses of that, one expense many brides don’t think about too much is bridesmaid dresses.

If we’d have had a wedding, I’d have paid for the dresses for the bridesmaids, which would have been Kelly, my nieces and David’s older niece from his brother Ben, plus a flower girl dress for her younger sister. 5 dresses plus a wedding gown add up quick, but I remember shelling out $400 of my own money for a dress I never wore again for the “honor” of being in my brother’s first wedding. That’s just a “me” thing, but I couldn’t ask my attendants to pay their own money for a dress I select. Given that, price for nice dresses was going to be an important issue. Even if you are planning a wedding and asking the bridesmaids to buy their dresses, I would think you don’t want to price them into saying “no!”

BestBridalPrices.com has just a beautiful selection of dresses drastically reduced from their list prices and many of them are even on sale on top of that! You could definitely find exquisite bridesmaid dresses that you can afford a half dozen of or at least that you can ask your girls to buy without breaking their banks. If that big day is in the future, or even if you and your significant other are starting to think about crunching the hypothetical numbers, check out this site. A wedding may not have to be as far away as you think!

No comments: