Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

YUM!

So, I’ve been busy and I’m way behind on this one. I’ve been shadowing Marvi Marti on her 100 things I love posts. She posted her 10 Foods I Love 2 weeks ago! So, I guess the sun is out now and oh look, It’s shadowy ole me! Marti, I’m still with ya!


10 Foods I Love
in no particular order


1. Soup - I know I’ve mentioned how much I love soup before. Right now I have Stuffed Pepper Soup on deck for lunch tomorrow. I look forward to the coming months and a lighter Spring Vegetable soup and the in the summer, homemade gazpacho made with farmers market tomatoes!

2. Hershey’s Candy Coated Milk Chocolate Eggs
Okay, by Hershey’s Candy Coated milk Chocolate Eggs, I mean chocolate. It’s my favorite food group! The Candy Coated Eggs are my favorite Easter Candy and they were tonight’s dessert. I have about one dessert left in my first bag of the season. Then it has to go on the next grocery list!

3. Hummus
 
I love Middle Eastern food, and hummus is a staple in my fridge. Tori and Rina and I have a standing date when either of them is in town to go to Ya Halla for lunch. Tori dubbed their hummus “Middle Eastern Crack,” for its addictive quality. At home I like Sabra Roasted Red Pepper Hummus. I usually go carrots and celery for dipping but I also like it with really good pita bread and in a vegetarian wrap in lavash.


4. Organic Carrots – Not everyday carrots and not mini peeled carrots and don’t cook them, just pull a carrot out and eat it Bugs Bunny style. Organic carrots have a sweetness that makes them like crunchy candy! I eat a couple or three a day and pick up a 5lb bag when I shop. Tonight, my darling husband picked me up a bag on the way home from work because my bag in the fridge was just about empty. He really does spoil me!

5. Ice Cream – 2 scoops of Baseball Nut on a waffle cone is 20 WW points. I know this without looking it up. It’s my summer staple when we go to Baskin Robbins and last summer I did well only using my weekly extra points for a double scoop of Baseball Nut in a waffle cone each week. :)

I don’t like Rocky Road, Cookie Dough or Black Walnut ice cream. The rest of the flavors are my favorite.


6. Cincinnati Chili – A trip to Cincinnati is not complete until I have a three-way from Skyline.

7. Nuts – My undoing! When I started really figuring out portions and the weight loss thing, I discovered that 6 almonds or 5 hazelnuts is a serving of fat. 10 peanuts in the shell is a serving. But I thought that big bag at the ballpark…I mean you had to work off some of the calories taking them out of the shells, right? I get the 100 calorie packs of almonds to snack on in the car now and David always tells me “you are what you eat.”


8. Pretzels

I love all kinds of pretzels! My favorites are the UTZ Selects in the big barrel; pumpernickel, sesame, butter and honey wheat. I also really like the Rold Gold Everything Bagel pretzels. I like regular old pretzels dipped in honey mustard and the big soft pretzels with lots of salt and mustard.

9. Ham Steak – The pig is possibly the most edible creature on earth, but the best part of the pig is ham! I like ham sandwiches and occasionally ham spread, LOVE Honey Baked Ham for the holidays, complete with soup end, but my absolute favorite is a nice ham steak made with honey cooked just until it caramelizes.


10. Shrimp – my top three preparations would be scampi, coconut and low country boiled served hot. I also like a gazillions other preparations, just not crazy about fried shrimp when it’s not coconutified.


I’m glad that’s the end. It’s too late in the evening for me to be getting hungry! Oh, but what I wouldn’t give right now for a Sheetz black forest ham on a pretzel roll with honey mustard!



Links

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OH you have to let me know if you are coming to Cincinnati for chili, I will gladly meet up with you as that is a good favorite food! 4-way bean is my thing!

Kim@stuffcould.... said...

You love some good food...I love ice cream too...and nuts

Marti said...

I love the old fashioned soft pretzels topped with course sea salt. I really need to stop reading this list, I'm getting hungry. Have a good day.