Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!
Welcome to my cyber neighborhood coffee shop! Grab a mug of your favorite
beverage and a cozy chair to read and comment a bit. Be sure to try a piece of
black forest cake or the tiramisu. Try both; cyber-cake is calorie free!
If you were visiting from Worldwide Christmas Scrapbooking Freebies, follow the
hyperlinks for Digitalegacies Designs' mini kit Christmas Cocoa
and the add-on Christmas Cocoa Flowers.
Monday, March 12, 2012
The Rest of Monday
So now, I’ve taken some blog reading and relaxing time. My lower back still hurts, but it’s a little bit better. I rest and it’s always a little better. I just have to baby it a little today. Maybe I’ll try to finish up the dusting and organizing in the dining room after lunch. We’ll see. I’m committed to not overdoing it today.
I finished washing dishes, including 8 brand new, discontinued, Beige Coupe Correll salad plates! I’d put in a search request to Replacements Ltd to see if they could be located at in February. The way my unemployed income goes, I can get a little extra something on the quarterly months and I thought if they find them in April or May, I’d be able to get them, if they find them. Well as Murphy would have it, I got an email at the beginning of this month telling me they’d found my salad plates! Yay that they found them! Boo that they found them so soon, I couldn’t get them. I was a little bummed about that.
Well, my wonderful husband, who is totally fine with having the larger plates and the dessert plates without having the sandwich/salad sized plates said that if it was something I really wanted, and he sensed it would make me really happy, “go ahead and get them.” So this morning the very well packed box was in our driveway. It was kinda like “Nani’s dreaming of a White Tornado Christmas!”
I have 2 regular features that I do on Mondays, The Monday Mug Shot and Meet Me On Monday. Sometimes that’s one post, others not. I didn’t mean to infer I was skipping out on the meme today when I visited MMOM posts before posting mine! There was just a little thought required. And remember I was nowhere near my computer all of yesterday!
Every Monday, Heather at Acting Balanced supplies us with 5 questions to share some thoughts and get to know our fellow bloggers better. Here are this week’s questions:
1. What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day?
2. What is your favorite room in your house?
3. What 'gadget' do you have that you can't live without?
4. What will your first thought be when you learn that you won a lottery?
5. Other than Acting Balanced and your own, what is your favorite blog to read?
And my Nani-Answers:
1. What are your plans for St. Patrick's Day? Well, let’s see… Being that St. Patrick’s Day is a Saturday this year, maybe I’ll try to talk David into making green waffles…or orange waffles.
On St. Patrick’s day I usually wear my green Siena Heights shirt. My school colors are blue and yellow, so the green shirt really is a St. Pats shirt. It’s a Catholic University, so it’s oaky that there is a green shirt for St. Patrick’s Day. Having earned my degree is how I avoid the haunting when I wear it!
The Irish in my roots that gives me the green eyes and fair completion that freckles if I don’t wear sunscreen is not Catholic Irish; it’s Protestant Irish, the orange side of Ireland’s flag. When my mom was a kid, she wore green to school on St. Patrick’s day, and her Grandfather always grumbled about her wearing green because “we’re not Catholic Irish.” I like my green eyes and you can bet, on St Patrick’s Day I honor my Catholic School but also accessorize with something orange to honor my Irish roots.
2. What is your favorite room in your house? This is a White Tornado question for sure! The truth is I don’t like any room in my house. I want to, and that’s the whole point of the White Tornado. Clutter and lack of organization make me batty. So right now, I really don’t like any of the rooms in our house. After the White Tornado project is done, I think my favorite rooms will be the woman cave, I’ve done something terribly wrong if it’s not, and the Kitchen Annex. The table in the annex will be the staging area for food prep and finishing. It will be where the Davinities are displayed at Christmas and where I’ll likely have the laptop when I scrap because it’s in front of a large window and it’s the brightest room in the house.
3. What 'gadget' do you have that you can't live without? My Kindle. It goes with me everywhere and contains the books I read, notes on weight watchers points when I eat out, baseball schedules when we travel and my grocery list when I’m shopping. It’s really become indispensable to me. And bonus – it doesn’t receive phone calls! LOL
4. What will your first thought be when you learn that you won a lottery? Who bought me a lottery ticket?
5. Other than Acting Balanced and your own, what is your favorite blog to read? This question is why it took me so long to post MMOM today. There are a few blogs I truly enjoy reading and on any given day and given post can make one blog or another blog of the day. For today, I’m going to say that the blog I have been reading every day the longest and truly adore the blog and its blogger is Miss Edna’s Place. Every morning it’s sitting down and having coffee with a good friend and I miss it when I’m away from the computer and don’t get to read her latest post.