1. St. Patrick's Day will be celebrated this coming Saturday...what's a favorite article of clothing you own that contains a touch o' the green?
Wow, favorite article of green clothing? I’d say half of my wardrobe is green! If we’re talking the Kelly shade of green that is most associated with St, Patrick’s Day, then it narrows it WAY down; my Mr. Celery T-shirt from the Wilmington Blue Rock game last summer. It says “Got Celery?”
But all shades considered, this is probably my favorite of my greens:
Lunch at The CN Tower in Toronto
David's Birthday weekend 2011
2. What's a favorite 'green space' in the town, state, or province where you live?
I’m not sure if this is asking for my bank, the recycling center or the park down the street! :)
I used to love Maybury State Park when I was in Michigan. I could probably still draw a map of all the hiking trails and tell you where the mosquitoes were the worst!
3. Do you wish you were taller, shorter, or think you're just about right in the height department?
David thinks I need to be taller. I think I’m just fine at 5’7”, but considering that tall-guy puts my soup on the top shelf, I guess I could stand to be a little taller…Like a foot taller.
4. What's the surest way for someone to pick a fight with you?
Insist that their religion should run my government.
5. Broccoli-Spinach-String Beans-Peas...of the four, your favorite green veg? (Or the one you dislike the least if that first option's too hard. I just know there's some veggie haters out there.)
Green beans and zucchini are my absolute favorite vegetables, okay carrots too and I love California blend with broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, oh, and in the summer a fresh farmers market salad is divine, but, although I like all the ones listed, as long as the peas are snap peas, I guess I'd have to say the string beans.
Craving a salad now.
6. March is National Women's History Month...besides friends, neighbors and the women you're related to, who's a woman in history you admire and why?
I admire all the women who took part in earning the right to vote, to have a voice, who demanded equality and who still do. If not for every one of those women in the past 235+ years who sacrificed so much for this country and had to fight to be finally recognized and respected for their work and sacrifice, we wouldn’t have the near equality we have today.
7. Keep Calm and ____________on. You fill in the blank.
Keep calm and press on.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I need an outdoor walker. David says that we’ll have daffodil blooms soon. I need to get out and get some pictures of the crocuses. They got a little wind beaten in the storms yesterday morning, well, overnight into early yesterday morning, but they pop back up as long as the blooms don't get knocked off, which they didn’t. My biggest problem is that unless I ask to have my car moved back by the house, I can’t get much of anywhere outside. I need something to grab on to if I’m moving anywhere with the cane. An “outdoor walker,” something that I didn’t have to get down the stairs and could lean on to photo and mess with the flowers would be a great help. I wonder if they even make something like that. Hmm… Maybe Pop could make one out of PVC when he’s creating my shoe cubbies?
The weekly Hodge Podge is hosted by Joyce at From This Side of the Pond. Thanks, Joyce!!