Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, December 29, 2011

Vintage Thingie Thursday

As the year nears its end and we’ll soon be counting down the seconds until 2012, I thought it might be neat to share a beloved vintage timepiece!



This was one of the pieces I really liked from my great-grandmother’s treasures. I believe the watch-necklace is costume jewelry. I’ve seen very similar watch pendants from the late 20s and that does fit my great-grandmother’s style! Mums was always a bit of a fashionista, from her flapper-influenced look in the 20s to her 80s animal prints. She’s the one who told me, from my Sweet 16 on, numerous times, that I needed to leave the top couple buttons unbuttoned to “give the boys just a little something to think about.” So a young Opal answering “what time is it?” with “oh, I have the time right here” kinda fits. She was always a lady, but always a bit of a flirt too!


When it’s wound it keeps time for a few minutes, but it stops and starts with certain movements that I haven’t figured out why they make it start and stop again, but it’s still a beautiful pendant to wear. I wore the necklace to dinner for our anniversary this year and David noticed it and asked about it. That gave me a little chuckle. Mums was right. I married the boy and it still gives him something to think about!

See more vintage treasures at Vintage Thingie Thursday!

6 comments:

Queenie's Vintage Finds said...

I love old clocks too...how wonderful that this one belonged to your great grandma and it found it's way to you...it is a treasure :)
Happy New Year!
Big hugs,
Queenie

LV said...

Definitely a real treasure with the watch. Besides keeping the time, it is filled with great memories.

Antiques And Teacups said...

What a special treasure from your g-g-mother! Very special necklace and memories too! Thanks for sharing them with us!
Ruth

SixBalloons said...

Thanks for sharing that story! I would have loved to see your reaction as a 16-year old to your great GM's comments... Haha! I bet there was some blushing involved.

Sally Annie Magundy said...

How wonderful to have one of your great-grandmother's pieces of jewelry!

Happy New Year!

Coloradolady said...

Cute post, and a beautiful watch!! Family treasures are really the best!! Happy VTT!