Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Ohio - Barn Capital?

Ohio is great barn country! Yesterday when we did our errands, I decided to count the barns I could see off the I-75 between Bowling Green Ohio and the interchange with I-475, roughly 13 miles. I counted 52 barns and a mosque in the interesting buildings off of I-75! I mentioned the mosque because, like so many holy buildings, it’s a gorgeous piece of architecture! But FIFTY-TWO barns! Anyone who wondered why they chose to paint barns in each county for the Ohio Bicentennial in 2003, well, 52 in 13 miles just outside of the metro area here might give an idea why!

As for today’s barn…

Last week, on November 30, David had a flexible day off and he took it then because there had been some nice snow cover west of us in Ohio and in Northeastern Indiana. We woke up before dawn to get to where the snow was to photograph trains, barns and anything else scenic. We got some great train shots and I took some beautiful shots of flocked snow on the trees through the passenger’s side window, but this was the first barn of the day, breathtaking with the fresh snow and light from the rising sun!


This was in Montpelier, Ohio, taken off an overpass that David drove back over a couple of times to get the right angle. The white barn and white snow and golden morning light just begged to be photographed!


10 comments:

Rose said...

Oh, I so love this...love the lighting...love the snow. Could not ask for more.

Marti said...

Love the white barn. Great photo. Kudos to David for navigation skills.

Anonymous said...

You're not lying... begging to be photographed for sure! My goodness, that's a beautiful barn & view!!! Love that snow covered roof!

Thank you for joining & can't wait to see the rest of the barns you shot that day! =)

Carletta said...

I love this!
I think what I like is that waking up feeling the light sheds on the farm. But thinking of going out in that cold to do the chores is something else altogether. :)
I'm smiling that you drove to where the snow was - so something I'd want to do.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for the suggestion on my mom's present... I'm thinking along those very lines. I need to get to a craft shop & see what my options are, but maybe later in the week.
I so appreciate your ideas! Thank you =)

Larry said...

A lovely homestead... I wasn't aware there was a Montpelier, Ohio... I went to high school in Montpelier, Vermont ... Larry

Annesphamily said...

Wow! That white barn looks like it was lite up! So pretty. I love barns! This is a cool post. Anne

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Wow, this is a beautiful photo and beautiful barn! The morning light on the scene is wonderful!

Elaine said...

Fantastic photo! The barns are beautiful by themselves but the combination of the snow and the light make for a wonderful shot.

Lesley said...

Beautiful. I love that the angle of the sunlight is just on the upper portion of the barn.