Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, December 2, 2011

School’s Out!

Aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! My final paper was turned in just before I went to bed Thursday night. Now it’s HOLIDAY TIME!

I always love and have always loved the day after school finishes, be it graduation, the summer or just Christmas break. Yes, for the first four grades there was never talk of it being anything but Christmas break. No winter break, no holiday break, it was CHRISTMAS break. Of course for the first four grades I went to a Catholic school! Hehehe


Last night David and I went to Milan Michigan to wait for the Canadian Pacific Holiday Train. Every year CP runs the holiday train. The Holiday Train stops at different places on its route, live music plays and collections for local food banks are done. It’s very cool. Since CP doesn’t own any track through Michigan and Ohio on the way to Chicago, they run on Norfolk Southern track, so they don’t make stops. But, the train is just incredible to see, especially at night! Picture several neighbors in a row, all with huge and bright Christmas displays on their lawns. Now, put those laws on cars and put them on the rails without pulling the plug on the lights. That’s what we saw!

Canadian Pacific Holiday Train
My first attempt at night time photography

That’s the best one I got. Doesn’t do the train justice, but I took the opportunity to play with the manual settings on my camera. For no tripod night shots of moving light with a camera that’s only semi manual, I think I did pretty well! Still, PLEASE check out the link below to see an outstanding shot of this remarkable holiday train!! For scrapping, I’m going to get the okay to use a better shot and put my first try with it. I can still make it an awesome scrapbook page!



I want to bring back an old regular Chronicles of Nani favorite; well it was a favorite of mine. Friday By Request was something I started back in the Yahoo 360 days. You tell me what to blog! I’ll write about any subject, show a photo, make a scrapbook page, write poetry, anything you ask. The only requirement is that it has to be in the moral spirit of The Chronicles of Nani. This is a family coffee shop on the Information Superhighway.

Click the Friday By Request tag and see some of the ones I’ve done here. If you have a challenge for me, drop me an email at chronicleofnani@gmail.com. I’ll do the first request I receive each week by Monday at 6PM Eastern Time zone. If I don’t have a request, there is no FBR. If I have more than one request in a given week, I’ll do the first one I receive. I always do the first request I receive after the Friday By Request is posted. If I don’t have a request, I’ll do a “leftover" request, but I’ll encourage you to resend your request the next week. I’ve only had more than one request a couple times since I started doing it in 2007, so if you have an idea, there’s a pretty good chance I’ll do it! When you send your email, be sure to let me know what name you’d like used when I post your request and if you have a blog URL, I’ll add that to the post.

I hope you’ll consider giving me a challenge!


3 comments:

Nani said...

Here is a video of the train. When we saw it, it was much faster, but this was how it looked!

http://www.rail-videos.net/video/view.php?id=7484

Marti said...

That is so cool. I sure would like to see something like that. So much of the sights around here are just commercialization of the seasons.

Edna B said...

What a fantastic train!! I've never seen one like it. When I was a little girl, there were train tracks a little ways behind our house. My bedroom faced the tracks, and at night I would sit in the window and count the cars on the freight trains that came through.

It's difficult to take night photos, especially if the subject is very bright and moving and you have no tripod. A tip that I learned is (nighttime- focus on the dark first with the button only half down) then aim at subject and press button. This also works when you are trying to photograph the sun. If you can change the ISO setting on your camera, put it on the highest number you can.

I would try this out first before waiting for the train to get here. Just in case.

You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.