Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas Around The World

Last year, Christmas Around The World was such an awesome site for finding just fabulous Christmas scrapbooking kits and they were all free, which was great for someone just starting to get into the craft. I'd only been doing it since August and my budget for supplies was about ten dollars a week. Building my "craft drawer" on my hard drive was a big task at the beginning and thanks for the generosity of so many for freebies!

I’ve used a few of those goodies from last year in layouts myself, and it’s also where I became familiar with Darlene Haughin’s work! So, I have the Christmas Around The World collab to thank for some great kits and what lead to a CT spot with a designer I just love! I never would have imagined that a year later I’d actually be on Darlene’s creative team or that I would have designed anything other than an element or two for myself. As stressful as so many other things in my world have been this year, I’ve had some wonderful creative things happening for me!

I had my first CT position with Sherrie, RC Mama Designs, and watched her rise to the pro level with her work. Shortly after joining Sherrie’s team, I started dabbling in designing, looking to create a kit with some train elements for my railfan weekends with David, then I started off March with the release of “Train, Train.” Less than a month after that I saw the CT call for Darlene and just had to apply. I guess I was an enthusiastic and gushy enough fan to make the grade, and I’m doing well enough that Darlene is keeping me! :D

My work scrapbooking and designing has been progressively improving. Even David made very kind comments about the last books I had printed and, while not enough to make it to the end, I did last two rounds with enough votes to move ahead in the SAS designer contest in September. Now after feeling pretty good about “Fall Splendor,” the first cyberspace-wide collab I’d participated in organized by Kristine, Wenchd Grafix, I was eager to try it again!

I want to give a “shout out” and a HUGE thanks to Kimberly, Fishinmom Designs, for her work in organizing Christmas Around The World again. I know from the much smaller scale I did with the SAS Cast Party how much work it takes to pull this off. Take an opportunity to stop at her blog to check out the range of her design work and leave a thanks for her effort on the Christmas collab! All those goodies wouldn't there without her!

Here is the Digitalegacies Designs contribution. This color scheme is SO me! David thought I came up with it and was doing a kit on my own when I was working on it!


Download Digitalegacies Designs’ Contribution to Christmas Around The World
LinkSorry, this link is expired.

Now, it’s your turn to be amazed at all there is to see, and download for free, at Christmas Around The World. Maybe you’ll discover that designer that just seems to have her (or his) finger on exactly what you want for your scrapbook pages. Hey, maybe you’re visiting from the main site or someone else’s blog and that designer is Digitalegacies Designs. I think that would be very cool!

See all the Christmas Around The World offerings at the main site:

LinkImage Hosted by ImageShack.us


So many designers offering a sample of what they do
and making that a special Merry Christmas to you!

16 comments:

SassyDesignz said...

Thank you so much its beautiful

SassyDesignz said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Sue said...

tysvm

Peggie said...

Thank you. This is lovely.

Anonymous said...

Nani - thanks for this awesome contribution to CATW! Merry Christmas!

Vicki said...

Thanks so much!

Sharon aka Scrapcat4914 said...

TY so very much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kittenb said...

Thank You

Pattycakes said...

Thanks for sharing your part of CATW....it's beautiful!! :)

Ladye said...

Thank you so much for sharing and a Very MERRY CHRISTMAS to you and yours.

Gulffire said...

Just beautiful! Thanks for contributing to this awesome collaboration and for sharing it with us all. Merry Christmas!

katlen124 said...

thanks - very nice

Anonymous said...

Thanks for your part of the CATW kit

Michele said...

Thank you for a great kit!

roman said...

Thanks for the goodies! Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

TYVM for your gift on the CATW!!