Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, June 3, 2013

What’s On TV Tonight?

This is the day three prompt for the 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted by Katie at So, Funny Story…

Your favorite television program

Today’s prompt is so much easier than tomorrow’s will be for me!

I enjoy crime drams and real crime shows, but there isn’t one I follow. Just if I’m in the mood to totally beg on a day or if I’m not feeling up to anything but being a couch potato and there are real crime or crime dramas on, I’ll watch and enjoy them. But really, I only watch Baseball and Degrassi with regularity.

My number one TV program Baseball! It’s always the Reds on Fox Sports Ohio and the Tigers on Fox Sports Detroit. And yes, I sit with the remote and switch between the games so I can watch both if they’re playing at the same time.

Degrassi is my teen-soap, which has always been more real than the silly afternoon soaps I don't watch. It’s a half hour show and I’ve followed the Next Generation since the beginning. I love the show and I am not the only “mom-age” fan by a long shot. Having watched the show with teenagers and talked about the show with them, I know that the crazy ideas the kids in the show have and the heavy drama are all very real. They don’t make up what drives kids to try drugs, get involved in gang violence or steal a car. They also don’t make up how seemingly little it takes to make them smile or drive their hearts and hormones al a flutter. If adults aren’t “too grown up” to watch, it really is almost a handbook for relating to teenagers. And I’ve loved teenagers since I was one.

Finally, I MUST watch Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer every Christmas season.

What’s your favorite show on the tube? Read more great blogs and join the fun with the 30-Day Blog Challenge at So, Funny Story…

1 comment:

kc bob said...

I liked watching "Call the Midwife" on PBS. Also like "Mad Men" and "Homeland".