Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, June 13, 2013

This or Something Better

It’s Day 13 in the 30 Day Blog Challenge. As always, a special thank you to Katie at So, Funny Story… for hosting this fun challenge.

Today’s prompt.

Your life goals.

Hmmm…

I guess the first thing I should do here is restate my life goals. I think the most important thing to mention is that every goal I’ve ever had, stated to myself, has ended with “this or something better.” I remember earlier this month when the prompt was “favorite quote” Katie mentioned a George Bernard Shaw quote: "There are two tragedies in life. One is to lose your heart's desire. The other is to gain it."

I have always looked at goals as more of a map and they have changed as I’ve changed and grown as I’ve grown. Financial stability has always been something for which I’ve strived. I have yet to really get there, but I’m still working on it.

Independence is another thing that’s been a goal all my life. That has been something that has changed as the years went on! Really, it started with going to the corner store by myself and moved on to my first trip away from home with just friends, my first vacation alone and starting my own business. Now independence means going places on my own and getting back to work. That seems to be one of my more important goals because it’s one I always find a way to make happen for myself.

I’ve always wanted to be in a position where I can help, especially the people who are the closest to me. I want to be dependable and gregarious, the one everyone greets with a hug when I’m there and speaks of favorably when I’m not, but I do want them to speak of me when I’m not there. This has been an important goal too because my closest friends are family to me and me to them. We are charitable to each other and always there in a crisis. Truly blessed is a woman who finds herself in a wheelchair but is never at a loss for caring hands to offer to push.

I guess I think my most important goals are the ones that involve people because that’s what matters most to me. It doesn’t matter how financially successful I am or if I create a product that’s known the world over. It doesn’t matter if I have a horde of followers or every material possession I could dream of. In the end I want to leave a mark, no matter how small, on this world and be remembered as a good person who made the sun shine a little brighter when I was there. And these are still the things I work for every day.

This or something better.

1 comment:

Ronalyn said...

I'll need to reset my life goals soon. The housewife tour will be ending in a couple of months.