Film element from Movies Night Out by Pixelily Designs
Let's Start with the Fill-Ins!
This week’s statements:
1. I love that my _____ has _____ because now I _____
2. Sometimes I wonder how people lived without ____ in the past
3. I love to get ____ in the mail because ___
4. I If I could change the temperature today to____________ then________________.
1. I love that my Nook has lots of memory because now I never have to carry 2 books if I’m near the end of the one I’m reading.
2. Sometimes I wonder how people lived without 4 choices of sweetener in the past. Actually what I often wonder is if someone from the 1950s was zapped into a restaurant now, how would they react to the multiple colors of sweetener packets in a restaurant? They probably had a choice of sugar or not. The pink stuff probably wasn’t even in restaurants then.
3. I love to get samples and coupons in the mail because I still believe samples and already printed coupons are better for sales of new products than anything else.
4. I If I could change the temperature today to 80 and sunny then it would be a wonderful weather day. Right now it’s cloudy and 57 with expected rain possibilities and a high of 72. I like it a bit warmer and if it could always rain jut at night and be sunny during the day, I’d be a happier Nani.
** I’m plowing through my free BzzAgent box of Kroger Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie Pops. They’re just a point and a fruity and creamy frozen afternoon snack. I loved the free ice cream to try them, but I’m going to buy more. If you didn’t get a chance to read my post about them, please do! I’m offering a drawing for one of 2 dollar off coupons to try Kroger’s guilt-free frozen treats. There are Smoothie Bars, Fruit bars, ice cream sandwiches and FUDGE POPS! A dollar off and the coupons are good until July 9, so if you can resist until then, you can enjoy a box of no-guilt ice cream treats for Independence Day!
** I can’t love my new stair lift enough! Yesterday was the first full day of no stressed arm and upper back muscles climbing up the stairs and no new rug burns sliding down them. I went back up and down a couple times which I usually try to avoid.
** Today is Donut Day! I’m not participating this year; no donuts in the house and I really can’t just run out and get a donut, but if you have a Dunkin Donuts near you, stop in today and get a free donut in honor of Donut Day with the purchase of any drink! If you’re stuck on which donut to get with your coffee or slushy frozen drink, I’ve always found you can’t go wrong with a double chocolate frosted!
I think I’ve told this before, but walking the three neighborhood blocks to Dunkin Donuts was one of my very first experiences of true freedom. You wouldn’t let an almost 7 year old do it now, but I remember the “big girl” feeling the very first time I walked to Dunkin’ Donuts all by myself. I ordered one Chocolate Honey Dip don’t, they are called just chocolate glazed now, and paid for it with the 15 cents I saved from my allowance for that donutl. It’s one of those childhood memories that’s stuck with me all my life. Donut = Independence = strong.
Exercise how strong you are by NOT resisting the temptation of just one donut today.
** In the 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted at So, Funny Thing… today’s prompt is:
I don’t go to a lot of movies, but I do have favorites that I have on disc or tape ad watch over and over. The very top ones are Gone With The Wind (1939), Bringing Up Baby (1938), Bull Durham (1988), Field of Dreams (1989) and Frequency (2000).
And so that’s Friday! What are your favorite movies? What about your favorite donut”? And make sure you stop by my Smoothie Bar entry and get in on your chance for the coupons!