Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, June 7, 2013

Friday Fill-Ins, Frags and Films

Film element from Movies Night Out by Pixelily Designs

Let's Start with the Fill-Ins!
 

This week’s statements:
1. I love that my _____ has _____ because now I _____
2. Sometimes I wonder how people lived without ____ in the past
3. I love to get ____ in the mail because ___
4. I If I could change the temperature today to____________ then________________.

My Answers:
1. I love that my Nook has lots of memory because now I never have to carry 2 books if I’m near the end of the one I’m reading.

2. Sometimes I wonder how people lived without 4 choices of sweetener in the past. Actually what I often wonder is if someone from the 1950s was zapped into a restaurant now, how would they react to the multiple colors of sweetener packets in a restaurant? They probably had a choice of sugar or not. The pink stuff probably wasn’t even in restaurants then.

3. I love to get samples and coupons in the mail because I still believe samples and already printed coupons are better for sales of new products than anything else.

4. I If I could change the temperature today to 80 and sunny then it would be a wonderful weather day. Right now it’s cloudy and 57 with expected rain possibilities and a high of 72. I like it a bit warmer and if it could always rain jut at night and be sunny during the day, I’d be a happier Nani.



**  I’m plowing through my free BzzAgent box of Kroger Strawberry Banana Yogurt Smoothie Pops. They’re just a point and a fruity and creamy frozen afternoon snack. I loved the free ice cream to try them, but I’m going to buy more. If you didn’t get a chance to read my post about them, please do! I’m offering a drawing for one of 2 dollar off coupons to try Kroger’s guilt-free frozen treats. There are Smoothie Bars, Fruit bars, ice cream sandwiches and FUDGE POPS! A dollar off and the coupons are good until July 9, so if you can resist until then, you can enjoy a box of no-guilt ice cream treats for Independence Day!


**  I can’t love my new stair lift enough! Yesterday was the first full day of no stressed arm and upper back muscles climbing up the stairs and no new rug burns sliding down them. I went back up and down a couple times which I usually try to avoid.


**  Today is Donut Day! I’m not participating this year; no donuts in the house and I really can’t just run out and get a donut, but if you have a Dunkin Donuts near you, stop in today and get a free donut in honor of Donut Day with the purchase of any drink! If you’re stuck on which donut to get with your coffee or slushy frozen drink, I’ve always found you can’t go wrong with a double chocolate frosted!

I think I’ve told this before, but walking the three neighborhood blocks to Dunkin Donuts was one of my very first experiences of true freedom. You wouldn’t let an almost 7 year old do it now, but I remember the “big girl” feeling the very first time I walked to Dunkin’ Donuts all by myself. I ordered one Chocolate Honey Dip don’t, they are called just chocolate glazed now, and paid for it with the 15 cents I saved from my allowance for that donutl. It’s one of those childhood memories that’s stuck with me all my life. Donut = Independence = strong.
Exercise how strong you are by NOT resisting the temptation of just one donut today.


** In the 30 Day Blog Challenge hosted at So, Funny Thing… today’s prompt is:

Favorite Films

I don’t go to a lot of movies, but I do have favorites that I have on disc or tape ad watch over and over. The very top ones are Gone With The Wind (1939), Bringing Up Baby (1938), Bull Durham (1988), Field of Dreams (1989) and Frequency (2000).

And so that’s Friday! What are your favorite movies? What about your favorite donut”? And make sure you stop by my Smoothie Bar entry and get in on your chance for the coupons!

7 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

They would be surprised by all those sweeteners! I love free samples and coupons. So glad you are happy with your chair lift. Have a nice weekend.

Stacy Uncorked said...

Glad you're giving your arm and upper back muscles a break and avoiding rug burns with your new stair lift - I bet that's another mode of feeling some freedom being able to go up and down your stairs any time you feel like it! ;)

I totally missed out on Donut Day - I suppose there's always next year, right? :)

Farewell to Friday for a Temporary Hiatus

seamhead gypsy said...

I have over an hour drive to the nearest DD. But when I do stop at one I find that I can't go wrong with a Boston cream pie to go with my medium size coffee!

LA Botchar said...

I prefer organic cane sugar - I don't even know if that was an option back then. Although, it must have been the only option at some point: before we knew had to refine it.
Love your movie choices. especially Frequency. such a great movie.

Hilary said...

it is amazing all the sweetener choices there are

Keetha Broyles said...

I didn't get a donut yesterday either though when I saw an online pic if Eli Manning working a drive up donut window I thought I SHOULD have gotten one.

I often think of how safe it was to walk places back in the day and how unsafe it is niw. sigh.

Jhona O. said...

There were no free donuts for us, but that's okay. I'm glad you're able to get up and down your stairs better! I have seen most of the movies you picked...I really love Gone with the Wind and it was fun to watch when I lived in Georgia. It gave me an excuse to give my husband as to why a woman needs to rest at the hottest part of the day :)