Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Saturday, January 10, 2009

Project 365 - New Kit- CT Call!

Happy Snowturday!

Yes, you all know how fond I am of that white stuff. The one good thing about a snowy Saturday is time to spend with my Mac just for play! I get to blog and scrap and maybe work on a new kit.

Married life has started off as a huge challenge of that “sickness and health” part of the vows! David and I have been trading good and bad days fighting with a nasty, and I mean nasty, cold that we both have! Yeah, married folks share everything, right? He is pretty much on the mend, but he fell to it first too, a couple days after Christmas. It didn’t get me until New Years Eve. I’m in the no voice and coughing all the time part! But, I’m thinking I only have a couple days left then, right?

Since the snow was already starting and I felt in no way, shape or form like going anywhere last night, by “scrapbernation” started yesterday. I did the Scrap-It challenge at Scrap Bird, which is a nice page featuring pictures of “my boyfriend’s cats.” Yeah, still stuck in 2006, but it’s a sweet page of the boys! I’m inviting you all to come see my gallery at Scrap Bird! While you’re there, why not try out that Scrap It challenge? Everything you need to do it is there for free!


Patch 365

My personal Project 365 will provide some daily memories of our first married year! Here is the page I did for Week 2!

credits
Kit - “Musical Memories” by Darlene Haughin at Scrap Bird and Stone Accents Studio
Template from “Project 365 Template Set” by Digitalegacies Designs at Scrap Bird

It’s been 2-1/2 weeks already! WOW! You must understand, this is my first marriage and I am 42 years old. It’s a bizarre and somewhat surreal thing to be for me, a wife. Funny thing is, I am better about remembering that David is not my boyfriend, but my husband, than he is about remembering I’m his wife! Just today he mentioned something about suggesting to one of his favorite sites that they need to offer coffee mugs because his girlfriend collects them. He must have a thing for women who collect coffee mugs. His wife collects them too! ;)

My week 2 layout includes that good shot of my ring and the paperwork I was getting ready to fill out before I went to the Social Security Administration office last week. Next week, when it’s not snowing, I’ll get my driver license changed and get the engraving work done for David’s ring. Maybe that will help him remember me! :D My favorite caption from the week two photos is the one that goes with the picture of the kids. “We’re following directions. They are SLEEP pants!” They were curled up on the bed on David’s Patriots pants.


New Kit!

I’ve been collecting the things I need to work with for a new kit, an idea is brewing for another and a new one in the store! (fun hint - ALL three titles are currently in the iPod!)

The first iPod song you heard is a Beatles classic that everyone has probably at least heard once or twice, if it’s not a song you know all the words to, like it or not! “Eight Days A Week” is the new kit in the store.


“Eight Days A Week” is pretty much a setup kit. I made it to accommodate Project 365 layouts, but it is equally great for school projects, calendars or creating layouts that are journalling intensive. Of course, use the frames, 3 alphas and swirls with a few other items from your digital craft drawer to create colorful traditional scrapbook layouts too!

Also new in the store at Scrap Bird, is “Project 365 Templates Set.” Four templates four putting one-week pages together for your Project 365.


My Week 2 page was done with one of the templates in the set. Of course, if you aren’t scrapping a project 365, they are great templates for any layout with lots of pictures! A great way to make sure everyone at a holiday or other group gathering is represented in your memory pages!

“Project 365 Template Set” is available for only $1.99, but if you like both the new kit and the new templates, DON’T buy the templates! The template set, all four of them, come free with “Eight Days A Week!” So you’ll get the kit with the templates in the download for $5.00. You can buy three full alphas alone for that price other places!


It’s Time!


Now that the dust has settled from moving into my first store, I am assembling my first Creative Team for Digitalegacies Designs!

The minimum requirements for a CT member will be 2 layouts per kit and 1 kit a month, posting at Scrap Bird and three other galleries and participation in the “I Wanna Talk About Me” challenge at Scrap Bird.

To apply:

Download any Digitalegacies Designs freebie from The Chronicles of Nani and use it to create a sample. Post that sample in one gallery with the credit: “(kit name) blog freebie from Digitalegacies Designs at Scrap Bird.” Send me a link to it at chroniclesofnani@gmail.com. Also mention any other CTs you are on and what Digital Scrapbook site you call “home.”

Right now, I hope to find 3 long-term CT Members and rotate 2 guest CTs each month. I’m a new pro-designer, so I welcome anyone who is looking for their first CT to apply! We all have to start somewhere and I acknowledge RC Mama Designs for taking me on as a CT Member when I had no experience and Darlene Haughin for all of her support as I’ve ventured into the world of Designing and will definitely try to be as great a “boss” as they have been for me! Everyone who applies, of course, will get “Crimson and Clover” for sharing their sample layout!

Well, that’s the news in the world of Nani on this snowy Saturday in Toledo, Ohio. Now I have laundry to fold, a photo to take, a kit to start working on and a challenge to do, all that wifey-designery-creativey-Nani stuff! Thanks for reading and please apply to my CT!!

1 comment:

karyn said...

OMG!! Congrats on the new shop!! It looks like a lot of us from the SAS competition have shops now, even I've just opened up a shop at DAC.