Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!
Contact Nani at
Tuesday, March 11, 2008
The occasional meme is fun and since I have quite recently moved the Chronicles of Nani to this new and hopefully last for a while home, what a great time to post one of those “Getting To Know Me” type things. I would love nothing more than the comments section to be filled with links to YOUR blog and your responses to this friends survey! After all, isn’t one of the many great benefits of blogging making new acquaintances all over the blog world?
This one was a little different. My best friend, Kelly, who is SO far away from me, even though I did move about an hour closer when I relocated to Ohio, sent me this in email. Kel is a “little different” too! I think that’s one of the big things we’ve had in common all these years! I like that this survey doesn’t ask me “bacon bits or croutons?” although it does ask about salad DRESSING. Why is salad such a defining part of who I am??
Well, here it is. As I said, I’d LOVE to get links to blogs to read answers from friends old and new!
Place an "X" by all the things you've done in your entire life!
(x) Smoked a cigarette
(x) Had feelings for someone who didn't have them back
( ) Laughed so hard you pee'd yourself
(x) Been on a hay ride
(x) Rode a motorbike
( ) Gone on a blind date?
(x) Skipped school
(x) Watched someone die
(x) Been to Canada
(x) Been to Florida
( ) Been to Mexico
(x) Been on a plane
(x) Been lost
(x) Been on the opposite side of the country
(x) Gone to Washington D.C.
(x) Swam in the ocean
( ) Felt like dying
(x) Cried yourself to sleep
(x) Played cops & robbers/cowboys & Indians with neighborhood kids
(x) Recently colored with crayons
(x) Sang karaoke
(x) Paid for a meal with only coins
(x) Done something you told yourself you wouldn't
(x) Made prank phone calls
( ) Laughed until some kind of beverage came out of your nose
(x) Caught a snowflake on your tongue
(x) Danced in the rain
(x) Written a letter to Santa Claus
(x) Been kissed under the mistletoe
(x) Watched the sunrise with someone you care about
(x) Blown bubbles
( ) Made a bonfire on the beach
( ) Crashed a party
( ) Gone roller skating. Don't fall! Ouch!
(x) Gone ice skating
( ) Gone Scuba diving
( ) Been deep sea fishing
1. Any nick name? Nani is a nickname! It’s Hawaiian for “beautiful” and Japanese for “huh?”
2. Mother's name? Janet
3. Favorite Drink? (non alcoholic) Peppermint tea, Pepsi One (Coffee is not a drink, it’s a vitamin, like chocolate!)
4. Tattoos? nope. I used to occasionally wear a temporary rose on my ankle, but not in years.
5. love your job? WAH!!! :( I WISH I had a job to love or hate!
wonder where 6 went? Yanno, I always wonder about those surveys with the missing questions. Either the writer of the meme can’t count or the question was so scandalous that someone saw fit to delete it. I chose to believe the latter. And I agree, THAT question was no one else's business! ;)
7 Favorite vacation spot? favorite...hmmm... Whichever one I’m planning for next is my favorite! Since I’m not currently planning the next one yet because we just got home yesterday, I’ll have to go with the most recent, Iowa!!
8 been to Africa ? nope <-- That was Kelly’s answer, but mine too. I guess we’ll go together!
9. Ever eaten cookies for dinner? I’m sure I have, but I’ll go one better. It’s the right of every adult to have that occasional triumph over the rules of childhood and exercise that independence that comes with maturity. I had a banana split for dinner in 1997 and there are 3 adult friends who can vouch for me because they had the same dinner in that same ice cream parlor in St. Ignace, Michigan!
10. Ever been on TV or in a movie? I was a local TV producer. In that role, I wore many hats , including occasional reporter and talk show host!
11. Ever steal any traffic signs? No, but I know people who did back when we were all in our early 20s!
12. Ever been in a car accident? Yeah, but not so often since they removed the target off the Camaro’s driver’s side rear quarter panel!
13. Drive a 2 door or 4 door? I am just now getting to the point where I’m ready to consider buying a 2-door of a car that has a 2 or 4 door option. In the past, I wouldn’t even have a car that came in a 4-door!
14. Salad dressing? Depends on the salad! I like Ranch, but if the salad is to go with pizza, it has to be a robust Italian! Fruit salads or salad with nuts are wonderful with sweet Vidalia onion dressing and spinach salad needs a classic warm, sweet, bacon dressing! So what have you learned about me from THAT answer, hmm? ;)
15. Favorite season? summer...followed by fall and then spring. .......... That’s all. Next question?
16. Favorite number? 17
17. Favorite movie? Gone With The Wind, Brining Up Baby, Frequency
18. Favorite Holiday? Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Nanifest
19. Favorite Dessert? Anything with ice cream
20. Favorite food? Depends on my mood. I love Middle Eastern cuisine, Italian and Mexican
21. Favorite day of the week? This question says more about me when I’m working. If I say Monday, I’m welcoming the fresh start to the week and the optimism that goes with looking forward to accomplishments, I love my job and the people with whom I work. If I say Saturday, I’ve landed another icky PTB job. Let’s hope my favorite day is Monday very soon!
22. Favorite month? July
23. Favorite toothpaste? Vanilla Mint
24. Favorite smell? Grass, dirt, hot-dogs and fresh roasted peanuts.
25. What do you do to relax? Let someone else make all the decisions.
26. Do you have a message to your friends reading this? Um, sure! Hi everybody!! :D
27. How do you see yourself in 10 years? In a reflective object.
28. What do you do when you are bored? scrapbook or write in my journal, but I seldom get bored because I’m often scrapbooking or writing in my journal in my spare time!
29. Furthest place you will send this message? Well, now...Since this is posted on my blog, so conceivably, it’s all over the world, I’ll leave it to you all reading it! I’m in Toledo, Ohio, USA. Let me know where you are in the comments!
30. Who will respond the fastest? This is always a silly question! Whoever wants to reply and has the time will respond. I won’t think less of you if you just read it - I hope you don’t think less of me for having read it!