Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, August 31, 2012

Muh-muh-muh MY VERONA!


This could be a sad blog entry, really! David and I went out this morning because he is working the night shift again tonight. Yay that, because we got some trains time this morning and I’ll be able to try out the Night Owls Scrap Chat at Ginger Scraps tonight. I’ve wanted to try that chat for a while, but if David’s home we eat later, talk and watch the baseball games together. Games because he occasionally tolerates me toggling between the Reds and Tigers. Of course if the Red Sox are on TV, that’s the game we watch since they are not always on. I get spoiled with Fox Sports Ohio AND Detroit. I love living in Toledo!

Why this could be sad blog is the post office’s fault. After David had already left there was a ding from the doorbell. I knew my coffee order was due by tomorrow so I grabbed my walker and scooted to the door as quick as I could. I saw the post office truck leave as I opened the door and no box on the porch. Our regular UPS guy knows I’m slow so he honks the horn so I can get a head start as he's walking up the drive and he waits a little longer for orders that need a signature or when it’s a heavy box so he can hand it in the door for me. He also knows to leave packages on the front porch because I can get the leverage to get them in the house from there. The post office didn’t have the leave it on the front porch direction or knowledge that the disabled lady moves slow.

I looked out the side door figuring that since I didn’t get my summer planting done they’d leave the box in the flower bed. I wouldn’t be happy, but David could bring it in when he gets home. But no, the box was open and sitting on the steps! I can’t reach it from there and I can’t get down the steps if I wanted to go out! I was mad that the box was open and didn’t want it to sit outside until midnight. So I tried to pick it up with my truly inadequate for anything Grabber. No dice. After a rest, because efforts like that tire me out so fast, I tried again with mightier tongs. Still nothing. I texted David to let him know there’d be an open box on the steps when he got home. Then I called the post office. My account now has directions to wait after ringint thwe bell and leave things on the front porch and a complaint about the open box. I felt a little better.

I had to try one last time. I pulled my kitchen chair to the side door and sitting in it I tried to leverage the box up the step with the hook end of my cane. The result was the box falling off the step into the driveway. At that point I could get down the steps and grab the open flaps to get the box to the top step. I got my coffee inside! I am exhausted now, but after waiting since January for Keurig to get the Starbucks Verona K-Cups to use the buy 2 get 2 free coupon they gave me for registering my brewer, I wanted a cup from my four boxes of Verona! Mmm… Yummy Verona! It was SO worth the trouble to get my favorite coffee in my house, but after I post this I need a nap!

This week I’m just going to answer Mama M’s Friday 5 Questions:


1. What do you enjoy doing the most with your spouse?

Can I say that online? ;)

Seriously, I like most talking with David. If you’re with the person you want to grow old with, you’d better enjoy talking to that person! We talk about serious stuff, family; friends and relatives, even religion and politics without divorce! We also get silly, sometimes putting ourselves is gigging fits.


2. How do you eat your taco? From the top or from the side?

When I have the occasional taco, I start at the side; how else do you get the full flavor?


3. Have you ever shut off the basement light and ran like a fool because you knew someone was down there and would get you?

Ah, no. I can’t run anyway.


4. If you could change one thing about you what would it be and why?

Easy; No more MS! It’d have been nice to just go outside and pick up my box of coffee.


5. What age do you think is appropriate to have the "bird and the bees" talk with your children?

Depends on the kid. When they start asking give an honest but age-appropriate answer. I know Dee, Tori and Rina’s mom, never hid the “women products” and the girls were like 3 the first time they asked what the pads were for. “Eggs you don’t use to make babies.” It lead to a talk about how a woman’s body does things, in simple terms of course. That made it easier on me! They started wondering about sex after Dee passed and it was often Nana fielding the questions. Their Mom had laid down good ground work. When it always went back to understanding and respecting their own bodies first, it was all easier to understand.

4 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh my, that was a lot of work for you. Glad you finally got it and was able to enjoy a cup! Have a nice weekend.

Jennifer said...

Ugh. I hate it when they ring the bell and run! I'm so sorry you had to go through that. I like it when our regulars come around to do the deliveries too because they know just what to do!

Edna B said...

I avoid dark cellars. Just don't like them! I'm so glad you were able to finally get your box of coffee up the stairs and inside the house. I probably would not rest either until I had managed to get my package into the house. If I could change one thing about me it would be that I not be so lazy sometimes. There are days I can be very lazy.

Enjoy your coffee an have a great night. Hugs, Edna B.

Cheri said...

Wow, that was a lot of work for a cup of coffee. Not being a coffee drinker myself, it's easy for me to say I would've just waited, but I'm sure there are things I would've gone through that for. Hope you enjoyed it after all that effort!