Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge


1. I included this quote (attributed to William H. Danforth) in my blog post yesterday... "The best cure for a sluggish mind is to disturb it's routine." When was the last time you 'disturbed your routine' and how'd you do it?

Well, I guess I disturbed my mind’s routine when I started taking college classes again. The goal was to earn a certificate in some area or another of computers. Now as I’m not in a financial place to afford tuition right now, I want to get the tools I need to get back to work and possibly back to school soon after. My mind is in a constant state of disruption, so it doesn’t get sluggish until bedtime, :)


2. What's your favorite fried food indulgence?

Fried Sweet Potatoes! They are my fried weakness!

I occasionally get a small order of fries (or a half of a small with a Happy Meal) at McDonald’s and I like the chicken bites, but as a rule I really don’t like much fried food – frying adds fat and destroys the flavor of most things.


3. Did you have an allowance as a kid? What did you do with it? Do you give your own kids an allowance?

I had an allowance in the summer, when we were out doing things without Mom there. As I recall maybe it was $10 a week. That was a lot when I was a kid! I spent it on arts and crafts, baseball cards and candy and an occasional Chocolate Honey Dipped donut at Dunkin Donuts.

We don’t give our kids an allowance, we just buy them everything they want. We’re obedient cat-parents.


4. What's something you wish you knew more about?

Pop culture; I wish I just magically knew more about the TV programs and movies everyone references without having to watch them.


5. Is there anything you feel too old to do anymore? If so, what?

Drink to any excess. I’m too old to party irresponsibly like I did in my early 20s. We did always have a designated driver when I went out to clubs with friends, but the “need” for alcohol to socialize is something I’m glad to have outgrown.


6. What's a song you think has a great first line?

First one that comes to mind is “Hold On” by Kansas; “Look in the mirror and tell me, what do you see?”


7. Who are you writing to/for when you create a blog post? In other words...as you write, who is the audience in your head?

You! I’m always writing to anyone reading, be it someone I do or don’t know. I occasionally I will mention a friend or fellow blogger in a post and address them, but I write to everyone reading my blog.

When I write in my personal journal I write to the journal itself, but occasionally recognize that one day Tori or Rina will be able to read it* and address them, but usually the private journal is treated as the journal itself is my personal and most intimate, non-judgmental friend.

** Tori and Rina will inherit the right to read my most personal thoughts. They can decide then if there would be any value in selling them.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

This was my snack after baseball and Degrassi last night:

peach butter and sugar cookies

I started the peach butter in my crockpot Monday night, drained excess liquid yesterday afternoon, milled it in the blender and put it back in the crock post to finish cooking yesterday afternoon. I made a quick batch of simple sugar cookies to put the peach butter on. Mmmm-M! I haven’t figured out if there are enough peaches left to do a peach crisp or if I’ll just eat the rest of them.

6 comments:

Joyce said...

Your peach butter looks delicious! I've never tried it but I love peaches and I love apple butter and of course I love sugar cookies : ) Wishing I had some now!

Veronica and Daniel said...

I love sweet potato fries too! If given the choice in a restaurant between regular and sweet potato fries I always choose sweet potato :)

Empty Nester said...

I completely lost my train of thought when I saw those sugar cookies and peach butter! YUMMY! You've certainly discovered a way to keep your mind going! Hope it all works out for you to reach your goal!

Edna B said...

When we were kids in elementary school, my mother would give us one or two pennies and we would spend it at the candy store across from the school. It would buy us a nice little bag full of candy. Boy, how times have changed! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

That will surely distract your mind! I never have more than two glasses of wine. What a yummy treat you had.

Anonymous said...

nice post thanks for sharing...i found your blog thrue the hodgepodge...looking for to visit more...blessings from holland...