Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge


1. Aloha! On August 21, 1959 Hawaii officially became a US state. Have you ever been? Upon arrival would you prefer an orchid or a hibiscus to tuck behind your ear?

Haven’t been to Hawaii yet. When I go, I’d rather just have a lei than hair flowers.


2. Since we're talking tropical...what's your favorite food or beverage made with pineapple?

My favorite is just chunks of pineapple. When I do go to Hawaii, I want to visit the Dole Plantation. Is that a U-Pick?


3. Do you believe in soul mates? Explain.

Kelly is my soul mate. Yes, platonic souls mate. I don’t think the one person who totally matches you at your core has to be a romantic interest, although I think people misuse the word as a description of a flowery romance a lot. Kel is my best friend and she often knows me better than I do.


4. Share a memory about the house you grew up in.

Hmmm… Well, I lived one place as a kid, but we moved when I was 10. Which one counts as where I grew up? I liked Southgate, the first hometown, way better than Novi, the second one. Southgate was an awesome place to be a kid; so much to do, so many programs, the library, dance studio, hockey rink, and all the summer programs were a short bike ride away. Novi was an awful place to be a kid in the 70s. There wasn’t much in the way of programs that weren’t for seniors and everything was spread so far apart you really couldn’t go anywhere.

The first memory that comes to mind about both houses is COLD. My parents liked it a lot colder than I did. I’ve always worn a sweater inside, even in the summer. Hut when I was a kid I spent a lot of time outside in the summer too!


5. Are you comfortable with silence?

Absolutely. Many days I’m home and there is no TV or radio all day. The phone makes me jump of it rigs. It’s not that I don’t enjoy it; I just don’t make a point of turning things on when I am busy with other things.


6. You spot a giant spider on your bedroom wall...what's your next move? (all spiders are giant, right?)

Yes, they’re all giant!

If David’s home, I stop, stare and scream “David, help!” He knows what’s going on.

If he’s not home, I stop, stare, calm myself enough to back out of the room and grab the sider spray. Then go back and spray it down to the ground, this takes about a half bottle, then I find something I can club it with until there is no way it could possibly move. Once it has been pulverized, I clean it up with four or five tissues so I don’t come in any contact with the remains.


7. My idea of fun does NOT include ______________.

excessive alcohol or being cold


8. Insert your own random thought here.

For lack of a good random thought today I’m showing off my latest scrapbook page. It’s how Carla celebrated Black Cat Appreciation Day last Friday; finding the catnip her Daddy had put by my computer. Kaline got it first and crumbled it all over the table. A few hours later Carla just rolled around on the table like a crazy cat and I remembered why; you couldn’t’ see the catnip, but I guess you could really feel it still!

Credits: For Us by Pretty In Green, Pet Shop: My Cat elements by Kathy Winters Designs

5 comments:

Tami said...

Being cold! YES! I hate that too!

Veronica and Daniel said...

I would love to visit the Dole plantation :) I dont think it is u-pick though...It would be amazing if it were! I said I wanted a lei too :)

Joyce said...

Cute scrapbook page! I really need to pull my stuff out and get cracking!

Edna B said...

I have never been to Hawaii, but I surely would love to visit there one day. My camera and I would think we were in heaven! lol.

I love your layout. Carla looks so delightfully happy. Gosh, I wonder if there is a "peoplenip"? You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I agree, I would like a lie. Me too, just give me the fresh chunks of pineapple. Cute scrapbook page!