Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, August 3, 2012

Friday Follies




1. What is a must in a hotel room?

Hand shower, grab bars and a shower seat? Okay that is a recent must and those are musts in a handicap room.

A must in a hotel room for me has always been a Bible. Not that I read a Bible every time I stay in a hotel. In fact the last time I did was the day my Grandfather died. It was an awful hotel room, visible pipes and small, but it was all that was available in the touristy area up north on a summer weekend. But the Bible was a comfort. And if the Gideons made it to a place like that with Bibles, anyplace that doesn’t have a Bible cannot be safe to sleep!


2. Which Olympic event would you be best at?

Opening/Closing ceremonies Project Manager.


3. What's your stance on the Chick-fil-A subject?

First I am a firm believer that religion and politics should stay out of each other’s discussions. Religion is better without politics and politics is better without religion. THAT is the marriage that should be against the law.

I’ve never eaten at a Chick-fil-a and had decided long before now that I wasn’t interested in supporting some of the organizations their proceeds go to. They have a right to say what they want and support the organizations they want.  I have a right to not support them in that support.  So I’m not boycotting now because no one would know anyway. You can’t boycott a business you’ve never been to in the first place.

My personal opinion is that when you make a political statement based on your religious beliefs and make that statement on behalf of your business, all you do is make yourself look like an ass. Sadly America’s got too much back.


4. One thing you said you'd never do as a parent, but totally have.

Other than saying I’d never be a parent and doing some assistant parenting with my nieces…nothing.


5. What's the weirdest thing you've ever found at a yard sale?

Never been to a yard sale. Seen some from the road, but didn’t really look much.




This Week’s Statements
1.. I have no desire ___
2. I love the smell of ___because____
3. I wish that my ___________ would magically_________
4. In one month I ____________

My Answers

1. I have no desire to fly unless there is absolutely no alternative.

2. I love the smell of steak cooking even though I don’t like steak because I’m weird that way. I also love fudge but can’t stand the smell of it cooking.

3. I wish that my body would magically heal and become thinner

4. In one month I will be about 6 weeks away from Kelly’s visit and getting very anxious and excited!



**  Nanifest is winding down. The festival, although a 2-week one this year was a bit more subdued than it normally would have been because I just didn’t go out during the week; construction problems! I did see a steam train, three baseball games and got to enjoy a decent amount of ice cream while still showing a loss on the scale this week. The festival wraps up Sunday with a grilled dinner at Pop’s where Tori and Rina will be and hopefully Scotty and Sheri will make it too!

Norfolk Southern Steam Special
Toledo, OH, July 29, 2012

**  We didn’t chase the steam train when it did it’s trips in Toledo on Saturday, although I got some really nice shots on my birthday Sunday. But what was awesome-cool on Saturday was that when the train passed the zoo I could hear not only the whistle through the open windows, but I heard the “chug-chug” as clear as if the train went through our backyard. What a great soundtrack for the day!


**  I just finished reading Alan Jacobson’s latest book, Hard Target, this morning. I’d have finished it last night but I was just so tired I could barely keep my eyes open and although I was reading on the “edge of my bed” I decided I’d finish it in the morning to give the end of the book the fresh mind it deserved. It was a great book, oh wait, I already said that when I said it was an Alan Jacobson book. But it was intense and another one of those endings that makes you go “NO! OMG, OMG, OMG!!!” I love a book that leaves you exhausted and your brain tingling when you’re done.

16 comments:

viridian said...

Hurrah for steam trains. Must have been a sight.

Enthusiastic Bookworm said...

I understand your food smell quirks I have a few too. hot dogs cooking make me ill, but I love to eat them up. Strange, right?

Yeah, handle bars in bathrooms should be there for everyone, I almost slipped a few times myself.

Cheri said...

Can't boycott someplace you've never been-- that's sort of how I felt. I've been to CFA, many times (their sandwiches are great!), but not in quite a while, so not going now doesn't really feel like a boycott. On the other hand, on Wednesday, there was a movement going around to send the six bucks (or whatever) that you might've spent on a CFA meal to an equality organization, so I opted for that route.

And I get the steak/fudge thing. I love to smell coffee brewing, but can't stand the stuff.

Cool train!

Arlene said...

Finding a Bible in the nightstand of a hotel is comforting to me too. Have a blessed weekend.

Unknown said...

Returning the favor since you visited my blog!

I love your response to the chick-fil-a question. I agree 1000%! Personal opinions shouldn't share with business opinions. However rarely is that followed.

Keetha Broyles said...

I always love it when you show gorgeous shots of trains. This one is really spectacular with all that smoke.

Anonymous said...

I think #3 is on a lot of people's minds. Hope you have a nice weekend, Nani!

Tami said...

I've read a book by Alan Jacobson before and enjoyed it. It was so long ago now, that the name of the book escapes me. Thanks for the recommendation. I'm going to buy it for my beach read. We are leaving tomorrow for the beach. Perfect timing!

Lucy said...

Love the smell of steak cooking too but I love steak :)

Jennifer said...

I'm not a huge fan of flying either, but I'll do it to get where I need to go... I guess... :)

Edna B said...

I agree, religion and politics dont' mix and should each mind their own business and keep their thoughts to themselves. My thought is "live and let live".

I love your train photo. The smoke actually looks like it is moving. As a child, I used to fall asleep each night counting the freight cars as they passed nearby. I sort of miss it.

You have a terrific night, hugs, Edna B.

Hilary said...

i love to fly

Everly said...

while i think businessmen/women have a right to their opinions, i also think that sharing those opinions is a little touchy. he believes whole heartedly in what he said, so i have to give it to him on that. but i still think he should have kept his mouth shut.

Red said...

Your train pics are great. You have started me taking a second look now when I see a train - anywhere (tv, photo, etc.).

I love to fly. I would have loved a job where I had to travel a lot. Such was not to be my life - well, except for the military and those deployments were fun!

Edna B said...

It's me again, there is another award waiting for you on my blog. You have a great day, hugs, Edna B.

Premier Digital Publishing said...

Nani, thanks for your great review of Alan's "Hard Target". We really appreciate the time and effort and wanted to let you and your readers know about our Alan Jacobson End of Summer Promo. ALL of Alan's books, including "Hard Target" are available now for a special discounted promo price: http://www.premierdigitalpublishing.com/category/promos/

Thanks again and happy reading,
Christy