Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, August 27, 2012

Nani is a CHOCOVORE!


We’re waiting out the rain here today. I had planned to take David out to breakfast for…no reason, just because I felt like taking him out to breakfast. But we awoke to rain, really pouring rain. Rain is a good thing this dry summer, but going out in the rain means David gets soaked pulling out the wheelchair and I get soaked wheeling in to the restaurant because there’s no sprinting in a wheelchair. So, we hope the weather will break to make it a brunch/lunch date. The Weather Chanel seems to think that will work.

So let’s do the Monday Quiz form Acting Balanced for breakfast!


1.. When was the last time you tried something new?

Earlier this year I tried Kellogg’s Krave. Krave a REAL CHOCOLATE center wrapped up in whole grain. It’s perhaps the greatest new product in the last ten years. I AM no doubt a Chocovore! Just sayin’.


2. What’s a belief that you hold with which many people disagree?

My views on crime and punishment. I am politically a moderate; most of my social opinions are from left-leaning to very left and I am very middle of the road fiscally. I don’t want to give up things that will help people, but I want it clearly defined how they’ll be funded. But my views on crime are right enough that my own husband says they’re too strict. To put it simply; I don’t think rehabilitation works and we need to have punishment that is an effective deterrent from crime. Instead of kids showing us their underwear in praise of prisoners, I’d love to see prison so terrifying that kids stay away from trouble, and I do mean TERRIFYING. Cruel and usual; punishment to fit the crime, is okay with me.


3. What kind of music do you enjoy listening to?

I listen to all kinds of music. In the car when there isn’t a baseball game on, I listen to top 40 but when I hit seek on the radio I stop for country and classical too. My favorite music in the 80s was metal but I liked new music, dance music and enjoyed rap when it first came out. There’s still some rap I like and a lot of urban contemporary. I love classical in the summer and Patsy Cline when I’m not listening to Christmas music during the holidays. I love music that is passionate; We Shall Be Free by Garth Brooks is high on my list of the best songs there are for feeling good and empowered and just yesterday I had dueling ear-worms; Dear God by XTC, which is about atheism, and Stomp by Kirk Franklin which is absolute dancing in the aisles gospel. I love, love, love Glenn Miller and I always smile when watching the Reds when Todd Frazier is up to bat because he uses a choice of 2 Frank Sinatra songs for his intro music. If there’s a style of music I haven’t mentioned, I probably listen to that too, just maybe not as often.


4. What piece of advice would you give to a beginning blogger?

Decide what your audience will be and what you want to say in your blog. Blog about what you know well and research before you make statements.



And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!


Do you still enjoy breakfast cereal?  What is your favorite?

I indeed do still enjoy cereal for breakfast! It’s quick, filling and fortified. I usually have breakfast cereal the cereal with fruit and a dairy serving on top of the milk…and coffee, breakfast is pointless without coffee! Because I eat cereal 5-6 mornings a week, I keep 2 boxes in the cupboard at a time. There are usually 2 from the following list: Honey Nut Cheerios, Multigrain Cheerios, Kellogg’s Fiber Plus Caramel Pecan, and Krave Chocolate or Double Chocolate. Right now I have Fiber Plus Caramel Pecan and Double Chocolate Krave in the cupboard. This morning was a Fiber Plus morning.

9 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Those Krave sound good. I will have to check them out. Don't eat many breakfast cereals anymore. My favorite was always Fruit Loops! I think the cinnamon Cheerios are pretty good. Have a great week.

Wayne W Smith said...

I should be eating breakfast but I do not. I do not feel like eating in the morning.

Vicki said...

My favorite cereal since I was a wee child has been Lucky Charms. LOVE THAT STUFF!! I also like Honey Bunches of Oats with Cinnamon Bunches. 99% of the time I eat oats with cinnamon, nuts, fruit, wheat germ, flax seed and a tiny bit of honey.

retired not tired said...

I ove cornflakes although I also will eat cheerios with granola on top and while I was cruising I indulged in cream of wheat and french toast. Breakfast is the most important meal of the day and I hardly wait to wake up to eat it.

Karen said...

I used to eat Honey Nut Cheerios every morning. These days, I eat an English muffin most mornings. I like your choices of music! I had forgotten about Glen Miller and that genre. I began listening to them when my mother in-law introduced them to me.

Jennifer said...

You always make me giggle! I love your personality.

I love breakfast cereal and my all time favorite is Lucky Charms, followed closely by Fruity Pebbles and Corn Pops. Oh and Reeses Puffs, holy moly!!

Anonymous said...

i do. i like sugary kids breakfast cereals like fruit loops and frosted flakes.

Anonymous said...

I do still enjoy breakfast cereal, but not the same kind as when I was younger. I'm more of a Honey Nut Cheerios or Rice Krispies girl now.

Prison definitely needs to be less appealing. Perhaps if inmates weren't treated so well, the prisons wouldn't be so full. They can get medical care--while some of us can't!

Edna B said...

I love Raisin Bran followed by Cheerios. As for prison, I have a hard time understanding why we try so hard to make it so comfy and enjoyable in prisons. I thought folks were there because they were criminals! Have a great day, hugs, Edna B.