Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, August 24, 2012

Feeling Friday


1. If you could have been (could be) any profession you wanted (brains and $$$ no problem) what would it be?

I’m going to assume that girl parts aren’t an issue either. I’d have been a professional baseball player. Probably middle infield because compared to the men I’m too short for the outfield, which is where I played softball. You see, if I’d been an MLB player, maybe the first woman, I’d be retired by now. I likely would have retired when the MS symptoms started to escalate and I probably would have been diagnosed sooner because the club trainer would have seen something not right. Then I’d be a retired professional athlete with MS. I’d have a ton of clout to do speaking engagements and promoting to support awareness and research for the disease, I’d even be able to donate more to the National MS Society and other MS nonprofit organizations.


2. How often do you clean out your car?

I used to clean it out once a month with a good cleaning, vacuuming and Windex, a couple times a year. Now, clean out the car? Huh?


3. Do you wish there was such a thing as fashion police or are you deeply relieved?

I think people should wear whatever makes them feel good and expresses whatever they want to say with their wardrobe. If you enjoy “high fashion, even to the point of being overdressed for casual; gatherings, go for it. If you want to wear a sweatshirt to a nice restaurant I think that’s fine too. People should be a comfortable or crazy, proper and conservative as fits their personal style and we should all just let it be. Fashion Police is a silly concept and I’m glad they don’t exist.


4. What's your go to food/drink/activity when stressed?

Stress is best fought with chocolate; the more stress, the more chocolate is necessary.


5. If you had twins, what would you name them?

Two girls? Two boys? one of each? I am quite sure if I was responsible for naming twins, their names would be completely different and they wouldn’t sound at all like twins. I’d want them to have their own separate identities.




This week’s statements:
1. I hate ____
2. I have never been to ¬¬¬¬____
3. The hobby I love the most is_____________ and one day I will ____________________.
4. My favorite store to shop at is______________because_______________________.

My Answers:
1. I hate political advertising.
2. I have never been to a high school reunion.
3. The hobby I love the most is scrapbooking and one day I will be caught up!
4. My favorite store to shop at is Godiva Chocolatier because malls stress me out. ;)




**  I finished reading The Troubleshooter by Austin Camacho yesterday. It’s the first Hannibal Jones book and a great read! I’d already read Collateral Damage and thoroughly enjoyed it so I wanted to go back to the beginning of the series and read where it started. Without telling too much, Imagine trying to take a building back from being a crack house and dealing with the “businessman” who is profiting from the sale of drugs in the house. It’s a turf battle. The book is not for you if you don’t like a lot of action and well, the subject matter is of course violent. For me, I like the action and I couldn’t help but love Hannibal; he’s a great man of honor and brains.


**  Last night I was married to a lobster! David was on a boat all day. It’s Navy Week in Toledo and yesterday was the day the boats came into port downtown. David rode on the USS Hurricane, spending a long day in bright sun. One thing I always loved about working in the media is that you get some cool perks that most people don’t get to try. He came home dog-tired, but it was a fun day for him.


** I treated myself to Chinese on Monday, Heather’s fault; the #5 question in her Monday Quiz Abut Me at Acting Balanced was “What would your fortune cookie read today?” Well, ythat was all the influence I needed to make my “thinking about Chinese” turn into a real live craving. So I ordered Moo Shoo Chicken and Chinese veggies. That’s 2 meals worth and it came with two fortune cookies too. I had one Monday and gave that fortune as not what would, but what did my fortune cookie say as my answer to her question. Yesterday the leftovers were lunch! This was the fortune:

“Hugs are life’s rainbows.”

It’s a sweet fortune, but the food was better!

11 comments:

Wayne W Smith said...

I too really hate political advertising. If they banned it, just think of how much money would be saved.

Lucy said...

My daughter always wanted to play baseball over softball. She ended being a basketball player but she loved baseball,it irritated her that she couldn't play baseball.

I have to stay away from the Godiva place, it gets me into trouble!

Oh, those Political Ads,they do get annoying.

Twins? Yikes, I think that is all I can say LOL

Tami said...

Your answers from "Feeling Beechie" match mine to a T. Kindred spirits! :)

Claudya Martinez said...

I've never know anyone married to a lobster. I really like your very first answer about being a baseball player. I found it to be very touching and insightful.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Enjoyed reading your answers. My car stays very clean these days which is exactly what I love. I use to clean it all the time when I was younger. I didn't do Fill-in but I told Hilary that I hate Election Years. It would be for the same reason you said. Isn't the a form of bullying?

Jennifer said...

I couldn't agree more about the political ads. Gross. I hate this time of year, or this time of every four years.
Godiva... yummmm...

Keetha Broyles said...

I am SO relieved there are no fashion police and if my family ever tries to put me on one of those make-over shows I'm rebelling and not going.

Chocolate is God's will. I'm sure of it.

Once upon a time in a state far, far away I did birth certificates in a small hospital. One set of twins were named Jack Rufus and Rufus Jack. I KID YOU NOT!!!

Edna B said...

Gee, I'm sitting here with a garden salad, and reading about your chinese food. Hmmmm, now I think I want some too.

As for the political scene, I'm just disgusted with the whole thing.

I agree that people should be allowed to dress in what is most comfortable for them.

If I could do it all over, I think I would like to have been a top model. I really liked modelling and fashion design. Still do.

I didn't know you were supposed to clean out the car. I put in gas, and keep the tires good. I couldn't find anything about cleaning in the manual.

You have a great night, hugs, Edna B.

Yvonne said...

I hate all the political ads, too. They're so annoying.

Yum, I love Godiva chocolate!

Plant Seeds of Happiness said...

I hate the ads also but I am wondering why it took me this long to link up and be friends??? I am your newest follower/friend straight from feeling Beachie aka Hilary!
I too believe in chocolate as a cure all for not just stress but the ALL. Glad I popped over how a great weekend.

Hilary said...

I havent gone to any HS reunions either, nor do I plan on...