Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge

1. I'm joining my daughter1 in the 101 in 1001 challenge. Essentially you create a list of 101 things you hope to do or accomplish in the next 1001 days. What's one thing you'd put on your list?

Make our home handicap-safe.


2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?

We have just one TV remote in the house.  A garage remote in the czr.

Light switches


3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?

Having it all is accomplishing and having everything you want and being happy with what you have every step of the way toward that goal. No, it’s not attainable and it shouldn’t be; keep going for it all the days of your life with no expiation date on that life. If you “have it all” there’s nothing left to look forward to.


4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?

I have and love the Soundtrack to Phantom of the Opera, but that’s a Broadway soundtrack, not a movie soundtrack. I like The Sound of Music and The Music Man.


5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.

The observation deck at Sears Tower in Chicago. I saw the fireworks at Navy Pier from above them; VERY cool!


6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?

Air conditioning. How cold most places set it is ridiculous. If you dress for the weather outside, you have to bundle up when you go in.


7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.

Heritage units, steam trains, my birthday, ice cream, much baseball


8. Insert your own random thought here.

I appreciate a fun ad campaign!

In probably the biggest break-up in my lifetime since Simon and Garfunkel, Mike and Ike are breaking up! EEKS! They were on our registry when we got married!

Breathe…it’s okay…

Wedding gift booty

The official word is that Mike is working on his music while Ike is working on his “Bohemian Art” hobby. Ike is a graffiti “artist.”

The official word here is that we look for the boxes in the ad campaign with Ike crossed out not Mike because I will not support vandalism called art, even if it’s just part of an ad campaign developed to attract a younger market to the candy. I’m not crazy about encouraging making vandals “cool” or “heroes.” They’re not; they’re criminals.

Aside from the fact that Ike’s choice of solo pursuits is commonly an illegal act, I think the campaign is a fun idea to reach a new market. Here is the ad I saw during Degrassi:

6 comments:

Jill said...

That's a funny ad campaign! I totally love the songs from Music Man. Even my boys sing along with me! And the view from the Sears Tower (it will always be the Sears Tower to me) is one of my favorites.

Empty Nester said...

I thought about putting some broadway musicals on my list too, but the list was already too long. LOL You're right about the air conditioning in some places- this morning Trader Joe's AND Whole Foods had me shivering. And I LOVE AC so I know it was set too low. :)

Joyce said...

My husband was teasing me the other night because I had a sweater when we left the house. The restaurant was ridiculous and I was happy I planned ahead : )

Edna B said...

I'm not familiar with that ad, but there are quite a few ads that embrace illegal acts. I just don't understand why they can't sell a product using "legal" examples. I don't usually watch these ads or buy the products. Actually, unless the ad is aimed at an intelligent mind, I don't pay it any attention.

Having it all, I guess, just means that I'm happy with my lot and that I have the opportunity to keep making it better.

You have a fabulous day, hugs, Edna B.

Hootin Anni said...

#6....you're so very right on that one!! The A/C is set way too low in most establishments. And Phantom....how in the world could I forget that?!!!! I love both the Broadway AND the movie soundtrack for that show.

Sweet Carolina Grace said...

Fireworks from above sounds pretty awesome! And I agree with your number 3 - there should always be a next step in life to strive for. :)