Make our home handicap-safe.
2. How many remote controls do you have in your house? What's one item in your home you wish could be operated by remote control?
We have just one TV remote in the house. A garage remote in the czr.
3. What does having it all mean to you? Is it attainable?
Having it all is accomplishing and having everything you want and being happy with what you have every step of the way toward that goal. No, it’s not attainable and it shouldn’t be; keep going for it all the days of your life with no expiation date on that life. If you “have it all” there’s nothing left to look forward to.
4. What's your favorite movie soundtrack?
I have and love the Soundtrack to Phantom of the Opera, but that’s a Broadway soundtrack, not a movie soundtrack. I like The Sound of Music and The Music Man.
5. Describe the best view you've seen from a rooftop.
The observation deck at Sears Tower in Chicago. I saw the fireworks at Navy Pier from above them; VERY cool!
6. What's your least favorite thing about summer?
Air conditioning. How cold most places set it is ridiculous. If you dress for the weather outside, you have to bundle up when you go in.
7. Our weekly Hodgepodge falls on the first day of August. In ten words or less sum up your July.
Heritage units, steam trains, my birthday, ice cream, much baseball
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I appreciate a fun ad campaign!
In probably the biggest break-up in my lifetime since Simon and Garfunkel, Mike and Ike are breaking up! EEKS! They were on our registry when we got married!
Wedding gift booty
The official word is that Mike is working on his music while Ike is working on his “Bohemian Art” hobby. Ike is a graffiti “artist.”
The official word here is that we look for the boxes in the ad campaign with Ike crossed out not Mike because I will not support vandalism called art, even if it’s just part of an ad campaign developed to attract a younger market to the candy. I’m not crazy about encouraging making vandals “cool” or “heroes.” They’re not; they’re criminals.
Aside from the fact that Ike’s choice of solo pursuits is commonly an illegal act, I think the campaign is a fun idea to reach a new market. Here is the ad I saw during Degrassi: