Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Friday, August 10, 2012

Friday Fun



This week’s statements:

1. When I was little my mom _____
2. ___ is my favorite condiment
3. I don’t like to celebrate____ because____
4. My ____takes up more space _____ and I can never__________

My Answers:

1. When I was little my mom didn’t work. She started working part time once my brother and I were both in first grade and full time after we were in middle school.

2. Honey mustard dressing or just honey mustard is my favorite condiment

3. I don’t like to celebrate someone else’s bad fortune, no matter what I think of them or how much I can see they set it up themselves because I’d feel less deserving of my own good fortune if I did.

4. My computer backup takes up more space on my extended hard drive when I do it without tech support and I can never figure out what command I’m getting wrong. Tech support does it by remote and it’s a 6 or 7 hundred MB file, I do it, 10 GB. (shrugs)



1. Thunder storms- love them or hate them?  

I like to watch or listen to them, but I don’t think I’d say “love” them. I do hate tornado warnings.


2. Do your kids get back to school clothes? 

Nope, my kids don’t wear clothes.


3. Do you golf? Do you watch it?

No and no. I used to enjoy mini golf.


4. Showers or baths?    Showers


5. What's the strangest meal you ever ate? 

Hmm… I don’t know that I’ve had anything “strange.” I ate fried squid a lot when I was little, but I don’t care for squid now and very little fried. I think fried fish is strange! I’ve tried alligator and escargot. But those aren’t strange, just not common. I guess it was strange that I had malt-o-meal for dinner last night or that I njoy Parmesans cheese and butter in oatmeal.




**  I went peach-picking on Wednesday with Tori, Rina, Pop and my cousin’s sons OS and ES. I brought home enough peaches to have plenty to eat and still make a peach crisp and a small batch of peach butter next week.


It’s sad that the dry summer has made even U-Pick places more expensive this year because there is just less you pick. The peaches are on the smallish side, but still tasty. We picked a few plums but the blueberries were just too small to bother. I also picked up a peck of early apples in the store. It was fun, as it always is!



**  While the drought hasn’t been good for fruit, soybeans or corn in this area, it doesn’t seem to have had an adverse effect on the growth of poison ivy!

This poison ivy bush is right next to one of the peach trees in the U-Pick orchard. We shared warnings with each other and especially the kids, but ES recognized the poisonous to the touch bush and was warning us all too!


** After peach picking, Pop and the boys headed back home and Tori, Rina and I went to Ya Halla, our favorite Middle Eastern restaurant for our traditional “must eat there when in town” meal. We had our humus and tabouli appetizers, well, Rina and I had the tabouli, Tori isn’t a fan, but she had more hummus as the side dish with her meal. Then in lieu of dessert, we got more “Middle Eastern Crack” to go; a small for me and a large for the girls to take back to Papa’s house with them. Since we had a “linner” or “dunch” I had my take-home hummus for an evening snack and then finished it for lunch on Thursday.

Nani, Rina and Tori at Ya Halla

The next time I see the girls now, they’ll be college students and adults. Wow. They have grown into incredible young women who I still totally enjoy spending time with!


**  I have to show off and brag! I got a package in the mail yesterday that is just beautiful and definitely made me feel all warm and fuzzy! Kelly sent me this as my last birthday present this year:


She gathered the elements and put the Pandora-style bracelet together for me! It’s so personal and so special. The beads are beautiful and the charms are perfect, including a train, dangly baseball, chocolate bar, coffee cup and of course a Best Friends. I look at it on my wrist and it makes me smile and miss her a ton, but love my BFF even more! After 23 years, yeah, she kinda gets me!

11 comments:

A Chocolate Bouquet said...

Thanks for sharing! It seems that squid is a popular answer for question #5!
Have a great weekend!

Edna B said...

I hate tornados, don't like golf, do take showers, and don't eat strange food. I think it's amazing how things like poison ivy, ticks, fleas and mosquitos thrive in heat that destroys food plants, and kills people and animals.

I love the photos of peach picking. My Audrey just finished making a big batch of peach butter and peach preserves. Now I have to get ready for my weekend with two doggies. (I have my Sam Adams in the fridge just in case I need it.) You have a wonderful weekend, hugs, Edna B.

Arlene said...

I loved your answer to #3, not celebrating the misfortunes of others, that was beautiful! I do love thunderstorms, but I agree I'm not a fan of tornado or hurricane warnings.

Have a blessed weekend!

Keetha Broyles said...

Never heard of Ya Halla before, but we used to live near Walhalla!

Hehehehe

Hootin Anni said...

LOVE!! the bracelet!!! The colors and the charms are sweet together. As for picking peaches...I've never heard of peach butter....[like apple butter then?] Sounds yummy.

Have a great weekend.

Cheri said...

Well, I'm not much on even "uncommon" food, so squid, escargot, and alligator would all count as strange for me! On the other hand, I love cereal, so Malt O Meal for dinner doesn't seem at all strange to me. (Though I'm more of a Cream of Wheat girl myself.)

Kelly said...

HAHAHA! Your kids don't wear clothes!! That's priceless! Give Kaline and Carla an extra treat from me! Mini-golf....AHHHHH! PUTT & SQUIRT!! Awesome memories! The strangest food I've eaten....well, ex-hubbies family is beyond hillbilly, and one time we were fishing, they shot a 248lb beaver, took it home, and threw it into an in the ground bbq pit and let it cook for like 2 days. So I would have to say it was beaver..but I wouldn't recommend it, too gamey. I'm so glad you like the bracelet. It took me way longer to find "the perfect" charms than to make it for you. I don't suppose peaches will be good in October huh? I so wanted to make some peach butter this year. May just have to go to the grocery store! I miss you much and I love you enough! Can't wait till October! XOXOXO

Enthusiastic Bookworm said...

I love taking trips to orchards, the fresh fruit is perfect and tasty. those peaches sounds perfect for baking and pancakes.

Hilary said...

love your answer to #3

Jennifer said...

Honey mustard is divine!!

Susi_Snaps said...

My mom used to make a honey mustard dressing from scratch when she owned a restaurant. It was the house specialty and oh so divine. :)