I have been tagged by Glo at Glo Sews. Her blog is filled with so many craft and sewing ideas that range from quick and simple to detailed and inspiring and lots of fun reading in between!
This is a long meme, but maybe it might be a good way to keep your mind off food, cigarettes, Pepsi or anything you want to keep your mind and hands off this resolution season!
The Tagged Rules are as follows:
1. Post these rules.
2. You must post 11 random things yourself.
3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post.
4. Create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer.
5. Go to their blog and tell them that you've tagged them.
6. No stuff in the tagging section about you are tagged if you are reading this.’ Blah blah blah, you legitimately have to tag 11 peeps!
11 random things about me:
1. I’m a mature control-freak. I control by strategic delegation now.
2. I’m an advertising fan, not just the antique paper ads, which I truly love, but Twitter is my favorite social networking site because I get to interact with my favorite products' marketing departments.
3. Degrassi is my favorite non-sports TV show. I’m part of that secondary invisible market for the teen soap – I’m not the only mom-aged regular, not by a long shot!
4. I have a Spotted Elephant bobble head, misfit toy from Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer that sits on our games shelf all year long. I have no idea why anyone would ever turn down a pink and red stuffed spotted elephant. He’s always been my favorite Misfit Toy!
5. I wanted to move to Atlanta in the 1990s. I thought I was going to adopt the Braves as my baseball team, bought gear and everything, until the Braves and Reds faced each other in the 1995 NLCS. Expecting it to be easy to cheer for my “new” team and hard as I tried, I couldn’t cheer against the team I’d loved since I hoped for Al Kaline and Pete Rose when I bought baseball cards as a kid. My teams have always been and I know will always be the Tigers and Reds.
6. I don’t care where we celebrate on December 31, 2019, I MUST have the Number glasses – I want 20/20 vision!
7. Rina’s been here for a week and I wish I could figure out a way to keep her. Kids just get cooler and cooler every year and I love teenagers!
8. Je parle un peu de francais (seulement un peu!)
9. As much as I love Marketing, I kind defy it. There is quite a lot of rap that I like. I can even ignore some of the language because I love the music and the rhythm. Favorites include Ludacris and Drake.
10. My favorite composers are Tchaikovsky, Grieg and Rimsky-Korsakov, and yes, I listen to them often too.
11. I don’t care for Progresso soup. I think it tastes too canned and refer to it a “Progrosso.”
My questions from Glo:
1. Do you know how to sew? Yep! I sewed most of my wardrobe in the 80s. Didn’t have time to sew when I married my career. Now I don’t have a machine, but I can repair things and replace buttons.
2. Do you go to the movies or wait for the DVD? I go to movies once a year, maybe, but I really don’t watch them a lot. Also if I hear a book is great and being made into a movie, I prefer to see the movie first. I’d rather not say “The movie was a disappointment because the book was better.” I’d much rather say, “The movie was great and the book was even better!”
3. What was your favorite gift you received this Holiday Season? My new Keurig brewer and all the wonderful coffees!
4. If someone was going to prepare your favorite meal, what would it be? Just one? I cook and enjoy cooking, so I’ll say that my favorite meal that I don’t cook myself with ancestral secrets is Middle Eastern. I love mjadras and chicken galaba
5. How many brothers and/or sisters do you have? I have one brother by blood relation and 3 best friends that are like siblings to me, a sister, Kelly and 2 brothers Scotty and John. John passed in 2009.
6. Do you live in a small or large city and do you like it? I live in the most awesome city! Toledo is just large enough to have an arena, sports teams, although minor league baseball and hockey but it’s small enough that traffic isn’t terrible and things on the other side of town are not an hour drive away.
7. What is your fondest childhood memory? I have lots of good memories, but the ones I cherish the most are of my paternal grandfather. I was the oldest of his grandkids and the only one who remembers him. I was 6 when he died.
8. What is your first childhood memory? The oldest memory I have is a flavor and a sensation. No images and no language. The texture is sand and the flavor is lime. I had a bad habit of dipping lollipops in the sand. My mother told me the memory was probably at about a year old. I have a few episodic memories from my very early life.
9. Do you cook breakfast or just east something quick like cereal? It depends on the day and what the schedules are. Most often, I do cereal, fruit and yogurt and of course, coffee.
10. What, if any, resolutions have you made for the New Year? (See Projects and Goals post) I don’t do resolutions. I do goals and projects.
11. If you were going to write a book about your life, what would the title be? The Chronicles of Nani
Questions for those I have tagged:
1. How many times a week do you eat fast food?
2. How many pets do you have?
3. What is one expensive food that you enjoy?
4. Liquid indulgence – What’s your favorite alcoholic or caffeinated drink?
5. What did you do on New Year’s Eve this year?
6. What are 2 fruits that you always buy at the grocery store?
7. How many house plants do you have?
8. Dinner at home – at the table or in front of the TV?
9. What beverage do you drink the most in an average day?
10. How often do you play board games?
11. How many regular memes do you participate in on your blog?
My tags are:
I’m breaking the rules here. It took me 2 days of breaks to complete this. I know most of my readers here have jobs in or out of their homes and don’t require frequent breaks during cleaning or organizing to list and answer 22 things and think up 11 more. But if you have the time or if you are looking for a distraction to facilitate one of those types of resolutions I mentioned earlier in this post, I’d love to read yours! Leave a comment that you did it and I’ll visit your blog. If you want the short version, you can leave the answers to my questions in comments instead!
Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!
Welcome to my cyber neighborhood coffee shop! Grab a mug of your favorite
beverage and a cozy chair to read and comment a bit. Be sure to try a piece of
black forest cake or the tiramisu. Try both; cyber-cake is calorie free!
If you were visiting from Worldwide Christmas Scrapbooking Freebies, follow the
hyperlinks for Digitalegacies Designs' mini kit Christmas Cocoa
and the add-on Christmas Cocoa Flowers.