Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, October 29, 2008

After 28 Years...

The Philadelphia Phillies
2008 World Champions

It was not the most commercially ideal World Series in baseball history and it was strange with a 40-some hour rain delay in the final game. And now, it’s over.

I am sad.

Oh, not sad at all that Philly won! I am so happy for their fans who’ve waited 28 years for tonight - and it ended early enough that they can celebrate and still make it to work tomorrow! The kids might have even been able to stay up late enough to see it on TV!

I’m sad because it’s over.


106 days until pitchers and catchers report for Spring Training!
(The Reds are gonna kick some butt next year!)

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I'm sad it's over, too. I love baseball season. Oh well. Maybe next year will be better for the Red Sox too.

Hugs, Edna B.

seamhead gypsy said...

yep. i'm sad too. not only because it's over, but because i was supposed to be in arizona. what's in arizona? the baseball hq first pitch symposium.

first pitch begins thurs evening with a welcome reception and ends sunday afternoon with a q & a. in between there are presentations, seminars, discussions with and presented by fantasy baseball "experts". all of this is done around some arizona fall league ( http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/events/winterleagues/?league=afl ) baseball games. in past years when i've gone i've been able to see 6 or 7 games in 3 or 4 days. to me, there isn't much better in this world than sitting under the arizona sun in late october wearing shorts, t-shirt, red sox ball cap, & sun glasses (in my case bi-focal prescription sun glasses) watching a ball game, and for that evening game the t-shirt is replaced with a sweater or covered with a light jacket, and the shades are left back at the hotel room.

why didn't i go? because this year, the town i live in changed the day that the kids go out beggin' for candy from the sunday before halloween to the thursday before halloween.... so what, you say? despite the urging from my wife to go anyway, I decided to cancel because I didn't want to miss the excitement in my little princess's eyes as she dressed up as Princess Aurora this year.

So maybe I didn't get to wear shorts and a t-shirt today, but I think it was a fair trade off.