Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Even The Happiest People Have Bad Days

That’s my excuse for posting so late today. I’ll probably still post briefly because my right arm is in rough shape. The whole no ibuprofen thing does NOT at all work for me! I didn’t take it last night and while I slept okay, I could barely move when I woke up.

I managed to drag myself into the bathroom. My phone was on the charger and I unplugged it. It slipped into he sink. The sink was dry and I was hurting, so I hobbled over to the toilet to sit down. I grabbed my day’s vitamins and the ibuprofen bottle. I don’t HAVE to quit until tomorrow and I needed relief. I reached over and grabbed the drinking glass and set it in the sink. I filled it and it tipped over. I cursed at it and uprighted it. I tried it again and it tipped again. I thought I was so shaky that the glass kept tipping over…NO!!!! I remembered the phone falling in the sink.

Needless to say, the phone was toast.

I dried it as best as I could and took my vitamins and other pills, including an ibuprofen. Then I threw the phone in the small backpack I carry things around the house in and went to make coffee. The ibuprofen started to kick in within a half hour and I was still in pain, but less of it.

I sat the phone down and looked at it. Kaline and Carla were still lit up on it and it looked okay, but when I tried the buttons; nothing’. Then it became independent; when I hit the buttons nothing happened, but it was hitting buttons of its own. I didn’t touch it and I heard the beeps of numbers being pushed. The clear button still worked but every time I hit it a few seconds later more numbers. One time the operator voice came on. It said “we’re sorry; your plan does not include international calls.” Yikes! The phone is trying to call Tibet!

I was still in pain, but I had to go to get a new phone, so the walker and I went to pay a visit to the Verizon store. My phone was insured, but I was also up for a new phone, so I looked. I got a phone with a touch screen because I figure eventually that will be all there is anyway. It’s still a dumb phone, but I’m training my shaky right hand to like the slippery screen. We’ll see how that works.

For lunch, stressed and sore, I got a Jamoca shake from Arby's on the way home. Truly after starting out the door better but still sore anyway, too much driving, too much standing, I earned a shake! I could barely get up the three steps into the house. I’ve pretty much rested and carefully stretched all afternoon.  I took another ibuprofen


And now here I am, after dinner, after baseball, where in harmony with the day I’ve had the Tigers and Reds both lost, and almost after the day is done! And barely in time to still call it the Wednesday Hodge Podge!




1. My daughter2 is graduating from university this month and plans to teach elementary school. What are three qualities you most want to see evidenced in a teacher?

Patience, good communication skills that are suitable for the age of the kids without talking down to them and a sincere love of kids.


2. You can tell a lot about a person by_____________________.

The frequency and sincerity of their smile


3. What song makes you think spring?

One Step At A Time, Jordin Sparks, it’s a springy beat and in the video she’s wearing a beautiful spring green dress. It’s also great for graduations.


4. May 1st is Mother Goose Day...share your favorite nursery rhyme.


Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, only I knew just three lines

Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?
Up above the world so high , like a diamond in the sky
Twinkle twinkle little star, how I wonder what you are?


5. What makes someone unforgettable?

The way they make you see yourself.


6. Should music and/or art be part of a well-rounded education?

Absolutely! Understanding the qualities of the arts enhance education. Business and professional communication contain references to the classics. Building a business, even one that is already grown, is a work of art itself, so even if not for the sake of enjoying art and music, understanding what qualities people find appealing is essential.


7. What social situations make you flustered or nervous?

Anything in a big group. I prefer groups of a dozen or less people for a big party.


8. Insert your own random thought here.


I guess I started with a random thought but, Oh wait!

My brother found a huge spider, and by huge I mean he put a quarter next to it and the quarter was dwarfed by it, in his yard and found it necessary to take a photo and post it on Facebook. After replying that I was never coming to his house again, I blocked the post because it was making the hair stand up on my neck and my skin crawl. I won’t be able to go to his house without looking around like a paranoid freak and I am serious about asking if there are hotels near him. ::shudder::

1 comment:

Edna B said...

So sorry to hear about your phone's accident. I guess the good side of all this is that you ended up with a nice new phone. Today I went out shopping for a new phone, but did not find one that I wanted. I'm in no rush. It's better to knwow all the frustrating features of the one I already have than to have to figure out all new things with a new phone. My time will come. i hope your day ended a lot better than it started. Hugs, Edna B.