Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Groundhogs Destined To Become Endangered!

With the winter we’re having and the winters many have had the past few years, the rodent mascot of meteorology has a lot of snow and ice weighing down his shoulders!

In Punxsutawney, PA, home of Punxsutawney Phil, the supreme groundhog, there is controversy! I was reading an article where his handler is accused of coercion, threatening Phil if he doesn’t make the “right” prediction! Phil predicted and early spring, but at what cost?

Staten Island Chuck, who forecasts the New York weather predicts an early spring. A handler at the Staten Island Zoo , remarking about Chuck’s accuracy, said, “If he was a Yankee, he’d be hitting .800!” Well, we all know how Yankee fans react to the other .200!

In Chicago, a closed Brookfield Zoo meant the Groundhog Day events were cancelled! The high winds last night tore tiles from the press box at Wrigley Field. Chicago NEEDS an early spring! Maybe the early spring cities can share some season with Chi-town?

In VERY GOOD local news, Buckeye Chuck did not see his shadow either! A sigh of relief from me as we had some intermittent sunshine today! So, thankfully, mercifully, an early spring here too!

Spring will be here early, by mid-March! Better than waiting 6 weeks!


Links
Read about the predictions and controversies

Punxsutawney Phil


Staten Island Chuck

Buckeye Chuck

Wrigley Field

2 comments:

Edna B said...

I really truly hope the little bugger is right. Although, how am I going to get rid of all this snow in just six weeks? Do you suppose we could come with a way of selling it and making a bit of money from it? There's enough snow here to make us VERY rich!!
I think I need to go to bed and get some rest. I'm starting to talk weird. You have a great night. Hugs, Edna B.

seamhead gypsy said...

right now i'd settle for temps above freezing just so i clear my drive of the 2 to 4 inch thick ice. i also don't expect that the mail service will extend themselves to reach a little extra to put my mail in my mail box. the plows didn't get all that close to the side of the street and there is a good 10 inch thick of ice about two feet from the opening of the mail box. i spent several hours yesterday outside trying to clear things up without much success, unless you want to call a sore hand and a sore back success.