Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Saturday, April 27, 2013

Little Birds Calling

It’s such a bright and sunny day today and Kaline and Carla are missing a great show snoozing up on our bed. Of course the show would probably end pretty quickly if they came to watch.

Our front window, the big Cat TV screen, has just been knocking and thrashing this morning and still is. At first I thought the thud sound was Kaline knocking something around because she’d just been in the room with me. I went to see what was going on and there was no Kaline in the living room, no Carla either; no cats at all. I went back in and sat by the computer to finish writing my recent book review.

Then I heard thumping again, this time I was sure it was by the picture window. There was a bird right in front of the cable box where Kaline likes to sleep thumping his beak at the window. I didn’t recognize the type of bird. It has a longish beak and although I know we have a woodpecker in the area because I hear it every morning, I’m pretty sure it wasn’t a woodpecker. We have a wood frame on the window and the bird thumped at the glass. Since I hear him every day I know our neighborhood woodpecker know his glass from a hole in the tree.

After the unknown bird left, the other side of that same window was thumped by a robin. I’m used to birds thrashing in the bushes by the windows a little, but this robin has been persistent for about the last ten minutes. He’s jumping around on the ledge right now, but he’s been fluttering up out of the bush and ever so gently throwing himself into the window, falling back into the bush and then repeating. Then he sits on the edge for a little and starts all over throwing himself into the window.

I’m not sure what this morning’s birds are up to but if they are looking to come inside or to build a nest, the main screen of Cat TV is really not the best choice of places to do that.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

The birds at your window are good photo ops. At work, there is a robin who does that to the dining room window. I don't know why, but I wonder if he/she can see into the room and doesn't want us so close to where whe will build her nest. She skipped a couple of years but was back this morning.

You have a wonderful day. Hugs, Edna B.