Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, April 29, 2013

Birdbrain

Good Monday morning! I’m going to start off with the photo of the day, well actually of yesterday.


Now before you wonder why I’m posting a grainy and blurry photo, let me explain why it’s yesterday’s photo of the day and you’ll understand!

That’s our crazy robin! I figured out that what I thought was the first of 2 birds on Saturday was actually the robin from behind and the side not being able to see hi red breast. He is the epitome of why we call dumb mistakes “birdbrain” actions. I figured out what he was doing Saturday when he was throwing himself repeatedly at the picture window and confirmed it when I heard knocking on the window after the rain stopped yesterday.

Robbin, with a double b just in case the upper case R isn’t enough to differentiate the common noun from the name I’ve given him, has a goal. He sees to have decided that the cat stand, seen in the foreground, looks like a nice place to sit in the afternoon and he is bound and determined to figure out how to sit on it. He’s not falling all the way back in the bushes now, but he sits on the ledge, flutters up just high enough to get on the cat stand and *BOOM,* hits the window and flutters back to the ledge. He does this 5 or 6 times then sits on the ledge for a break before he tries again.

He did that for over an hour and a half yesterday! His only break from it was when I tried to get closer to see if I could get a better shot and he flew away, but he came back once I was back at the table. So, you see, since I had to take photos from the dining room I had to do it with the digital zoom zoomed all the way in. His flutter-booms are quick too! I took over 170 photos and that one was the best.

Now, Robbin does have a few brain cells in that little birdbrain of his because he only tries to do this during kitty siesta time. In fact he was on the sill after the girls woke up yesterday and flew off when Kaline saw him and ran to the window. But still, flutter-boom, flutter-boom for nearly 2 hours? And to try to get on the CAT stand?? Death wish my feathered friend, death wish.


Now I’ll celebrate Monday in my usual style by joining Heather at Acting Balanced and Wayne at Touristic for the Monday Quiz About Me!


1. Do spelling and grammar mistakes annoy you?

When I make them they certainly annoy me, but in general if I’m reading someone else’s work an occasional misspelled word or even an occasional misused word I look past. I admit I have to go back and remove a misused apostrophe or two and on occasion fall victim to colloquial misuse of words. Sometimes I palm to my head because there is not apostrophe in the possessive of it and I often have to go back an correct the irritating Midwest habit of making all businesses entities whose house you must be visiting when you go there; “I’m going to Kroger’s.” so an occasional grammar or spelling error is not a big deal.

Having said that, I do get irritated and very judgmental when I’m reading something where errors are consistent and the writer obviously has no idea they are wrong. If a comment is made with no grasp of grammar, I’ll assume the commenter has no grasp of the subject either.


2. If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?

I think I’d love to watch Michelangelo paint the Sistine Chapel ceiling or perhaps Da Vinci paint the Mona Lisa. I just think it would be cool to watch an Italian Renaissance Master artist complete a painting that would one day become a world renowned masterpiece just to see if anyone there had any thought that it would ever be as important a work as it became.


3. When you were a kid, what did you want to be when you grew up?

I wanted to be an advertising creative like Darrin Stephens on Bewitched. I didn’t require a warlock for a husband but that would have been okay.


4. If you could offer a newborn child only one piece of advice, what would it be?

Enjoy this time in your life because they’ll never wait on you hand and foot again. But I don’t think a newborn would understand that great piece of advice.


And don't forget to add a 5th Question on your own blog so we can answer as we hop around!

5. When do you eat your first vegetable of the day? What is your favorite veggie?

I usually eat my first veggies with lunch, since I am usually a sweets in the morning person. For instance I had a banana with breakfast today and I just finished an apple for my mid-morning snack. I’ll have veggies with lunch, probably a salad and a “crunchy veggie bag”

I love an assortment of raw veggies to munch in the afternoon and make bags of assorted ones. Right now I need to make up some more veggie bags but these will be without the cherry tomatoes and orange cauliflower because I used up those. My favorite raw veggies are organic carrots and celery, although there is a bunchy of them I enjoy. Cooked my favorites are green beans and zucchini. I like bell peppers cooked and raw.

7 comments:

retired not tired said...

I usually have my veggies at lunch. I am a sweet and citrus person for breakfast. I love cauliflower and broccoli. Not so big on corn unless it is on the cob.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Oh no, that is actually kinda sad. I feel sorry for Robbin. That would have been a nice even to watch from the past. I never thought about being in advertising like Darrin but I certainly wanted to twitch my nose and change things. I would probably say lunch also on the veggie question. Favorite...raw mushroom and colored peppers.

Flora said...

I often have my first vegetable for breakfast if I'm having a smoothie. I use kale, spinach or tatsoi to make green smoothies. My favorite vegetable these days is a broiled portabello mushroom.

blueyes said...

Depends what's on the menu for the day. I could eat veggies at lunch or dinner or both!

seamhead gypsy said...

Old birdbrain just needed a cat scram!

Clairity said...

My first veggies would usually be at lunch unless I'm making fruit juice for my mid-morning snack which is when I'm likely to toss in a handful of celery.

Edna B said...

When I grew up I wanted to be a fashion designer, a model, a teacher, a flight attendant, an artist, a craft store owner, and be rich and beautiful.

I made all my own and my kids' clothes, I was a model for a camera club, I taught classes in my ceramics store and at the local schools. I'm rich in family and my dog thinks I'm beautiful. As for the plane, well I did get to fly several times as a passenger. You could say that I got it all!! You have a wonderful day my friend, hugs, Edna B.