Cluster made with A Cat's Tale by Kit Cart
I went to physical therapy this morning. My neck, shoulders and upper spine are such a mess that the doctor needs to have me get some exercise, muscle stretching and electro-cold-press-massage stuff so it gets loose enough for him to manipulate it and fix it. I have to work on posture and I need to sit in a chair with a better back for my “most of the time” chair. Hopefully this will fix the trouble I’ve been waking up with my shoulder-arm-hand is tremendous pain. Of course my next appointment is Friday and we’re expecting snow, so it may not happen. For now I’ll return to my lunch, trying to eat sitting up straighter without wearing my salad. Wish me luck!
Now, I’ll visit Joyce for Wednesday Hodge Podge!
1. Chinese New Year will be celebrated on February 10th, and 2013 is the year of the snake. When did you last see a snake? Are you okay around snakes or do they give you the shivers?
I’m fine with snakes. Don’t really think one way or the other about them. My dad hates them and I remember Mom always had to come to the rescue if Pop found a snake in his garden!
2. The color red in Chinese culture usually means good luck. Do you believe in luck?
In as much as any sports fan, but in truth I believe you make your own luck. (Don’t tell David I said that tho...)
3. sledding-ice skating-building a snowman...if given a choice, which activity would you choose? Which of the three have you done most recently?
I haven’t done those things since I was a child. Given the choice of doing any of them now, I’d pick hot cocoa sitting by a fireplace INSIDE.
4. Ralph Waldo Emerson is credited as saying, "The years teach much which the days never knew." Where have you seen this quote played out in your own life?
I’m glad I got my degree, but I wish I’d figured out a way to go to one of the 2 universities I actually wanted to go to and done it in the 4 years directly after high school instead of doing it the hard way. College loans are thankfully easier to get now; The 80s were not a time of prosperity for SMALL businesses.
5. When was the last time you ate a cupcake?
Christmastime. David got me some Rudolph The Red-Nosed Reindeer pumpkin cupcakes.
6. What's something you can't say no to?
Too many to list or pick just one. I’m not good at saying “no” to the people I care about.
7. Are you a doodler?
I always doodle when I'm on the phone. I don't doodle well, so I try to avoid the phone.
8. Insert your own random thought here.
I know that’s not really so random. Today is February 6; only 8 days until Valentine’s Day! David and I have out little candy tokens to exchange and we’ll be deciding which day we’d like to celebrate. I’m kinda leaning towards the 13th because Valentine’s Day and the Friday and Saturday following are bound to be crowded restaurant nights, but we’ll see what the schedule looks like for next week first.
Our agreement since out anniversary and Valentine’s Day are so close is that he provides dinner for me for our Anniversary and I provide the Valentine’s dinner. That kinda started with the very first Valentine’s Day we shared in 2006. Come back tomorrow and I’ll tell you about it! I’ll be telling a personal tale of love as part of Josanne’s A Chocolate Bouquet Blog Hop for Februarys: Love! Come back tomorrow and read and add your own post about love to the hop! It’s easy stuff! Just wrote anything you’d like about love and join in!