Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2019

Friday By Request (8/4/06)

I was looking through some of my old journals, actually looking for this very poem for David. I actually keep not only my personal journals but copy of everything that I've posted, that I think is worth keeping, as well as everything I posted on a regular basis. David actually was the inspiration for the whole Friday By Request idea. I'd love to do that again.

I have my regular blog readers and I also advertise my blog on my Facebook page so I'm definitely inviting anyone who would like to participate in bringing back the occasional Friday By Request, to send me your challenges! Keeping in mind that this is a family-friendly blog, I don't think I've ever refused a request for Friday's yet.

So after that introduction, here is the very first ever Friday By Request, from 2006!

.



All right bad poetry fans! I was writing poems last night, actually one about the cats, when David challenged me. "Why don’t you write a poem about the groceries?” So I did and it gave me an idea. 
I will do Friday as “Friday By Request.” The first person to make a request before Wednesday will give me my challenge for Friday. It can be a topic for a poem, photo or the script for a TV or Radio ad. Try other ideas - challenge me! It can be for any topic or product, all I ask is that you remember this is a family blog. I have kids on my friends list!

HeySend me your suggestions with the subject “For Friday?” through the Yahoo 360 messages. If I don’t have any requests on any given week, I won’t do the Friday By Request blog. If I have more than one, I’ll  o the first one I get. If I don’t do yours, feel free to resubmit it any time after the Friday blog is posted. It might be serious from time to time, but more often than not it will be bad, funny or both!


Without futher ado, here is David’s request...



A Poem about Groceries
For David

Apples, oranges and plums 
The fruit bowl cries for purpose 
Lettuce, tomatoes and peppers 
The poor crisper has none


Burgers chops and chicken 
The freezer meat shelves empty 
Ice cream, veggies and entrĂ©es 
The top shelves barren too


Flour, sugar and coffee

The canisters sound so hollow 
Cereal, soup and pasta

The cupboard shelves collect dust


Dinner rolls, cookies and Pop Tarts 
The bread box, light as a feather 
Cinnamon, chili and garlic

The spice rack bottles are clear

Let’s go to the grocery store!



* send a message with the subject " Friday By Request" to chroniclesofnani@gmail.com, a private message on Facebook or just as a comment here. Out of respect for the writer and all readers, please try to refrain from suggestions about religion or politics.

1 comment:

Edna B said...

Your poetry is wonderful. Try writing some more poems. I enjoy your style. I'm finally on the mend. Soon it will be time for me and Pogo to head for Florida. I'll be sure to take some palm tree photos for you. I think of you every time I stop to admire one of these gorgeous trees. You have a wonderful day Nani girl, big hugs, Edna B.