Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, July 17, 2014

Book Review: Real Vampires Have Curves by Gerry Bartlett

Finished July 14, 2014

Synopsis at Good Reads

Gloriana St. Clair is an eternally "full-figured" vampire-she just happened to be bloating when a sexy Scotsman sank his teeth into her. She and said Scot- Angus Jeremiah Campbell III, aka Jeremy Blade-have been on and off again for centuries, currently off. A couple hundred years has taught them how to press each other's buttons-in good ways and bad.

Glory's headed for Austin and a new business venture: Vintage Vamp's Emporium. After all, she loves clothes, and she is an antique. Only problem is, there's a billionaire techno-freak vampire hunter on the loose. Blade's in total he- vampire mode, and wants Glory to move in with him so he can "protect" her. But it's time for this vamp to explore her own powers.


My review at Good Reads

3.5 of 5 stars

This is not my usual kind of book but it sounded interesting, it sounded fun. And it was fun! It's very light reading. But the characters are developed well and you do feel like you know them, all 400+ years of them. It also does a wonderful job of making bad guy about as bad as bad gets.

Vampires are portrayed as sexy or sexual beings, maybe more than was necessary. But the story was fun, at times intense and the people in the story we developed well enough to make you wonder, "maybe."

All in all for light reading I thought it was a good book. At the end of the book includes a sample chapter from the next book and it's possible somewhere down the road I may pick that one up too. If you like vampire stories, a decent amount of sex, and characters you might even want to hang out with as long as you're wearing a turtleneck, pick up Real Vampires Have Curves it's a fun quick read.

No comments: