Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Wednesday Hodge Podge


1. The Summer Olympics officially begin this Friday night...will you be watching? If you could see just one event in person which one would you pick?

Mom and I went to the Summer Olympics in Atlanta because she won tickets to baseball in the Georgia lottery. Winning baseball tickets has so much to do with why we went. If they were track and field or even swimming, we probably wouldn’t have gone.


2.Do lazy days make you feel rested or unproductive?

It completely depends on what was going on days prior to said lazy day. If I have a few really busy days, a lazy day will make me feel rested. It’ll also make me ask “where’s the day go?” at the end of the day because I still have so much nothing to do!


3. July 25th is 'officially' Threading the Needle Day...can you sew? On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being not at all and 10 being Betsy Ross-like, how would you rate your skill with a needle and thread?

I used to sew all of my clothes in the 80s and sewed the costumes for my brother’s band. In the 90s I sewed the costumes we wore to wrestling. The last thing I sewed were the Mounds and Almond Joy bars we wore for Halloween 2005. That was very simple stitches ad I did it all by hand. Unfortunately my dexterity is such that I’m not even sure I can cross stitch without frustration anymore, so I’m have to rate my sewing skills on the poorer side now, maybe a 2 or 3?  But “back in the day” I was good enough that I never worried about my pants or dresses falling apart in public. In fact, I got lots of compliments.  I'd say I was maybe an 8 then.


4. 'Threading the Needle' can also mean to walk a fine line between two things or issues (think awkward social situation). When was the last time you had to 'thread the needle', figuratively speaking?

I think that’s whenever Kelly and I discuss a political topic we don’t agree about. We do just fine respectfully disagreeing, but I really don’t like arguing with my best friend. I usually try to change the subject. :D


5. Kidney, pinto, black, or navy...your favorite bean?


Green beans!


6. Have you ever hosted a garage sale? Was it more success or bust?

Never had a garage sale. I’m not eager to invite strangers to my house to look at my stuff. Call it paranoid, but if there are some nice things on the table at a garage sale, you know the “good stuff” is still in the house. If I was looking for places to rob, I’d be checking out the ones that are advertising; the newly cleaned up and organized with a little tease of the stuff that isn’t staying!


7. What makes you roll your eyes?

My first thought was “Republicans,” but they are too scary and too powerful not to be taken seriously.


8. Insert your own random thought here.

Since I went and was political anyway, I’ll share my basic view on politics. In this presidential election year, vote for whomever you want for president, but make sure you vote the other party for everything else. If the liberal party runs everything, they’ll spend everything and if the conservative party has all the power, we’ll lose our freedom. I don’t want to give up either, although if pressed I’d rather be broke and free than give up my rights, but by keeping the government equally at odds they won’t be able to accomplish anything. That means they will bicker as usual but won’t be able to hurt us. So vote split ticket and keep the government safely unproductive for the sake of us all.

7 comments:

Jocelyn said...

Green beans are my favorite types too And I loled with the whole Republicans making you roll your eyes, haha!

Veronica and Daniel said...

I never though about it, but you are so right for the garage sales! You can totally tell how good the stuff inside the house is by what they are selling outside the house!

I'm not trying to get all 'political' but I was wondering what rights you feel like republicans are trying to take away. I am not much for politics at all (and I guess I should be more...) but I have never thought of voting they way you just described...

Happy Wednesday!

Joyce said...

My brother and sister-in-law are huge running addicts. Both run, coach, and they own a running camp and do coaching clinics throughout the year. They went to the Olympic trials in Oregon this year. For vacation!!

Obviously I'm not a runner : ) I do swim though and back when I was young, thin, and limber I was a decent gymnast. Now I see those girls and worry about their health. We know too much back story these days for me to really enjoy it like I used to.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Sounds like you were an amazing at sewing. That is an excellent idea for voting! Thank you.

Edna B said...

As for the beans, the whole green beans are my favorite. As for the political side of things this year, I am so dissatisfied and dissapointed in the choices we have. I think as long as candidates can spend unlimited funds on campaigns, we will never really have the opportunity to vote for better, more honest, hardworking folks. Money pretty much does our choosing for us. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Cheryl @ TFD said...

Green beans are my favorite, too. As for politics, I wish they'd do away with the bashing of each other. If both parties just would run on their own accomplishments and experience and not be able to say anything about the other candidates, that would be so much better!!

seamhead gypsy said...

Item # 8). I resemble that response. But I think I'd be offended if you rolled your eyes at me. And I'd really be surprised if you were scared of me. And trust me, I wield no power!

Item #9). Why not just simply vote against all incumbents regardless of what office it is or what party is represented. As voters we should keep doing that until a group gets elected that will look out for the people instead of party politics, making side deals, and lining their own pockets. Your idea reminds me of the make up we have now where nothing or close to nothing gets accomplished.