Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Sunday, January 29, 2012

Happy Half-Birthday To Me!

 Under the yummy frosting, it's a Blaforca! 
(Half a Black Forest Cake!)

It’s January 29 and at 7:45 this morning I reached the half-way point of my 46th year.  Many friends will start to grouse at me until my birthday in July now because when someone asks my age, I’ll say “46.”  It’s been that way since I was 21.   I could be getting myself in trouble if I’d have said I was 18 when I was still technically 17, rounding up a year before I was 19 in Canada and of course accused of SO much trouble for saying 21 when I was 20 years and 364 days at home. 

I can’t say I’m 45 and a half.  That sounds so immature!  I was “and a half” until I was about 11.  Then I was “almost” the next number up until 21.  On January 29, 1988 I was, in my own mind, 22 and at some point in the month or so after that I switched over to saying I was 22.  For the couple of months right after I say both ages depending on what enters my head first.  I just feel dishonest saying I’m 45 now.  When I became legally 45, I had completed 45 years.  It was the first day of my 46th year.  Past the half-way point, am I not closer to completing than just starting my 46th year?  So, from today forward, I’ll call myself 46 when someone asks, but the papers will agree with me in July.

To celebrate my 45-1/2 birthday, David and I are going out for breakfast.  Well, okay we’re going out for breakfast; he’s not celebrating my half birthday.  Then I think we’re buying a new toaster. That’s not a half birthday present either, but maybe I’ll make myself an afternoon snack of a PB2 and jelly on toast for my half-birthday.  After all, what’s a birthday without something sweet and presents??

Speaking of presents, here's the present!  It’s the last template set in my Project 366 templates!


 Click preview to download

If you use the templates, I’d love to see your layout!  You can leave a link in comments or drop me an email.  If I have your permission, I’ll post your layout and link back to your blog!


So, now I’m off to enjoy the rest of my half birthday.  The number isn’t important, hasn’t been since 35, when I was old enough to be elected president, and it won’t be again until I get my AARP card and discounts!  But it’s fun to look forward to birthdays and half-birthdays and keep my inner child smiling and laughing.  David may not like the whole rounding up thing, but he always says he does like my smile!

2 comments:

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies, under the Page 5 post on Jan. 29, 2012. Thanks again.

Edna B said...

I think a lot of us do this. I figure once you hit the half mark, you're just about there. Although I must say that once you hit 70, you're not so quick to say you're 71, etc.

I wish you a very happy half birthday. Enjoy your dinner out with David. Hugs, Edna B.