Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, October 15, 2009

Bleh!


Yeah, I know it’s not a very Nani title for a blog entry. But that’s my today. It’s raining...again. But ooh, bonus! Today we might get rain mixed with the first snow of the season.

I know. I’m in Ohio. We get snow.

But it’s only October! While the snow will be mixed with rain and it’s supposed to be in the 40s, so it won’t stick to the ground or anything else, I was expecting better of winter this year! We had such a mild summer it’s supposed to balance with a mild winter, not an early one!

I’m just being cranky because the weather really does have an effect on people. Give me a mild sunny fall day with a little nip in the breeze to tell me it’s that time of year when there is baseball AND football and I’m skipping and smiling. Okay, not skipping unless I want to be falling, but the warmer air and lower humidity are sure nicer on my worn out joints!


I have to share what I’ve been enjoying for the past week! LOOK!


Timothy’s Perfectly Pumpkin K-Cups - just in case I didn’t LOVE my Keurig coffee maker already! I can brew one perfect cup of pumpkin spice coffee, then add the lite creamer and Splenda to make the ultimate sweet drink for only 10 calories! Totally fall and totally Wife 1500 approved!


On the subject of Wife 1500, I’m going to remain committed to that plan as I go on with year 2 of married life. I can’t say at this point that my wedding outfit will fall off me, but I do have a couple more months. I can, however, in the face of vacations and all the a decadent cake at our reception with leftovers, say I haven’t gained, like many women and further I’ve lost a little bit in my first year of marriage. I’m also an emotional eater and I wasn’t very true to my plan for a couple months of trauma and then readjusting with Grandma. Yeah, those are excuses for lack of control on my part, but recognizing those challenges is part of not repeating them, or at least dealing with them better. And like I said, I still have a couple months too!


Spices ready - Let's get cooking acorn squash gnocchi!

This is the time of year that I love to cook! There are so many farmers markets that are really full of local produce and I love fall squashes. It’s also the time of year for soup! I love soup and I love the random creativity I can have experimenting in the kitchen with soup! I have a container of broth I thawed in the refrigerator. I made that one with a rotisserie chicken carcass and some thick-sliced Canadian bacon. The combination of meats made a wonderful flavor in the broth! I’m thinking I’ll thaw some of the reserved meat and veggies and add it back into some of the broth with a handful of noodles for lunch. Tonight I’m going to make some sauce for the acorn squash gnocchi I made last week. I found the recipe online and they are so good! The first time I made them, I made my own brown sugar and sage butter sauce and it was outstanding! I’ll have that for supper while I make a serving of spaghetti for my less adventurous with food husband! In the long run, washing extra dishes is a little more exercise, right?

Okay, I’m going to make that lunch my stomach is now growling for and get back to my homework. Stay tuned for some layouts and scrapping sale news!


Links:
Timothy’s Perfectly Pumpkin K-Cups
Acorn Squash Gnocchi recipe

No comments: