Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Thursday, April 9, 2009

Anything Is Possible

Anything is possible to a willing heart. That’s one of my personal mantras. But boy, in this job market, my optimism gets tested on a regular basis!

There is a company called LIGHTSHIP RESEARCH that does executive revers searching that looks pretty cool. Now, I’m not executive level. They show a chart on their website that lists amount spent daily on job search firms by salary expectations and their chart starts at $70K. I’m a 30-40K gal, so the service isn’t for me, but I agree with a point that they made about the staggering amount of money spent looking for work. They suggest that even even one day less that you spend looking for work can make a mortgage payment, car payment, hey for me, even just pay my storage bill or buy groceries would make a difference.

In this part of the world everyone knows someone who’s been hit by the car companies woes, that includes execs from many support companies to the auto industry. If Lightship Research can help one displaced executive level person find a placement, maybe that means a shuffle that can represent a job that came become available in the mid-level area. Maybe the kry is shuffling people into the right places to breathe new ideas into the economy. It certainly can’t hurt!

So, does Lightship Research work?

Check this out:

I got laid off as the Vice President of Sales and Marketing of a new media company in the Bay area. I was recommended by a recruiter to call Lightship Research to help me with my job search, as I wanted to relocate to New York City. I was a little skeptical at first, as I had always used traditional recruiters in the past, but they were not producing any interviews and I needed a job quickly. I spoke with a reference that had used their services and decided to give them a try. Their strategist was very knowledgeable and came up with some good ideas. They really know how to get under the radar and find companies, that you would never have thought of and then find the direct hiring authority. I got four interviews and an offer in 30 days (yes in this economy), which I accepted. Lightship Research http://www.lightshipresearch.com you rock!

D. Manning, SF

If you are one of the many that know someone who’s been laid off from an executive level job or if you are one of them, this one might be worth a click to find out more!

No comments: