Welcome to my coffee shop in the cyber neighborhood!


The Chronicles of Nani On Video

I am overcoming my inability to type with my ability to talk (and talk and talk and talk) I'll be posting a video every week on my YouTube channel. I'll be posting those videos here too along with an occasional regular blog in the mix. (As long as my hands are up to doing the extra typing.)

You'll be able to watch the videos here, but I encourage you to stop by my channel at YouTube once I'm up and running to follow me and get my numbers started!


Welcome to my coffee shop in Cyber Space
Try the latte with a slice of black forest cake!


Contact Nani at
chroniclesofnani@gmail.com

Monday, July 29, 2013

Have Some Ice Cream

Yanno July is one of the big photo months for me. There are lots of reasons for that. I just get out more in the summer, there are more things to do and I try to see lots of my people and do a lot of things during my annual festival and take lots of pictures. Last year there was the Heritage Unit celebration in North Carolina, a steam special that came through Toledo and much baseball. But in going through my scrapbook folders for July… I still had major long weekends in 2008; one we took Rina on and one we took Tori on. Then in 2009 was our wedding reception. I already had 2010 and 2011 done when I started this scrapbook catch up project. Still I don’t see me closing any or the years for this month! I did a huge bunch of pages, but there are still so many folders. But July 31 will be the last day for July folders through 2012. Net year will be finishing time for those. And I hope to have this month’s pages done by August 7. I really do want to keep up this year at the very least! Going into August there awaits our 2-week honeymoon in 2009. No pressure; I usually take good notes when we travel. I’ll be as ready in 2014 and I am now.

Today is Treat Yourself to Ice Cream Day! That is it’s the official holiday of Nanifest. Celebrate with me by treating yourself to ice cream today. It’s an even bigger gift to me if you also treat a kid to some.

Now, Naniday and all, it’s still Monday. Let’s join Heather at Acting Balanced and Wayne at Touristic for the Monday Quiz About Me!


1. What is your favorite pair of shoes?

My absolute favorite shoes are this super comfy flesh-tone pair called barefoots


2. Do you get embarrassed easily?

I’ve been afraid of doing something embarrassing all my life but the truth is that when things that should mortify me happen I usually laugh them off or otherwise deal with them and move on. Guess I over prepared for the red faced moment. That’s a good thing though.


3. What makes you cringe?
Watching someone fall. I know that can be devastating and frustrating for someone who has a hard time getting up from a fall and it’s also something, from child to senior and everything in between, that can result in a serious injury.


4. July 29th is National Lasagna day... are you celebrating? What kind of lasagna do you prefer?

I don’t have plans to celebrate Lasagna Day, however David and I are thinking about dinner out tonight. I don’t think Red Lobster has lasagna. I remember the veggie lasagna a=I had at the Sunday luncheon of our reception weekend. I do love veggie lasagna, but I remember really loving Noni’s lasagna made with spinach pasta, ricotta, parmesan, mozzarella and her homemade Bolognese. Mmmm! I miss that lasagna!


And here is my totally self-indulgent question for you.

5. Will you join me in celebrating Naniday today by having an ice cream treat? Will you bring kids and treat them? What kind of frozen treat will you enjoy?

At some point today David and I will stop for a waffle cone or we’ll decide to go to the Mud Hens game and have some Toft’s at the park. It all kinda depends on the weather. It could be a lazy day at home too.

11 comments:

Mandi Noel said...

I am so ridiculously behind on my photo organization and printing and scrapbooking, it isn't even funny! Great job on putting forth the effort to try and catch up! It's definitely worth it!

retired not tired said...

I love ice cream so will be glad to join you today.

Anonymous said...

I love scrapbooking, but I'm several years behind! I keep meaning to get around to it, but never do.

I love ice cream, but can't indulge in much of it, due to the sugar content. Today I might make an exception!

Edna B said...

I give you lots of credit for keeping up with organizing your scrapbooking. About the only thing I've kept up with over the past few years is my blog books. I start out good with things, but tend to get side-tracked along the way. As for the ice cream, I'll be glad to have an ice cream and to share it with a kid. Happy Nanifest. Hugs, Edna B.

Anonymous said...

Me too love ice cream!!!!

Tami AKA My Kid's Mom said...

I would love some ice cream!

Unknown said...

I just might! Want to get to Dairy Queen before their flavor of the month is gone!

seamhead gypsy said...

Katie & I went for a bike ride this evening..........to Dairy Queen for ice cream! Happy Nanifest!!

Clairity said...

I could definitely use an ice cream right now and make that cookies and cream please.

Barefoots sounds interesting, where can I get a pair of those? LOL

blueyes said...

Sorry, I'm not an ice cream kind of gal. I couldn't even tell you when the last time I had ice cream was.

Ronalyn said...

It's amazing how much scrapbooking you get done when you schedule the time! I know that if I didn't do the summer page challenge with my CM consultant I wouldn't have gotten as many pages done as I have. So many more to go though!